Mixing and matching Burberry bikini pieces... how do we feel about this?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Sooo I'm going to Miami then on a cruise in a week and a half. Its hard to find *nice* bikinis up here in Canada... Let alone in the dead of winter. I ordered 3 really bikinis from Victoria's Secret (basically our only option). I was walking through Holts today and notcied they had tonss of bikinis.

I tried on the ones that are mix and match pieces... they are the ones with the nova check trim. I picked up the black one and the greyish/beige coloured one. I loveddd the way they looked but bc I have a little bit of a booty I found the string bottoms to be cut too brazilian on the backside ...kwim? I lovedd the way it looked though... I ended up trying on *plain* black and white string bikini bottoms that I felt a lot more comfortable in. So I ended up walking out with the two top pieces and plain black + white bottoms. I know its not just that style swimsuit bc I have a Burberry string bikini from 2006 and I've never been crazy about the bottoms fitting on me (and back then the two pieces came together so I couldn't mix + match sizes).

Sooo my Q to you guys... Is it tacky to mix and match? Should I just go get the bottoms and return one of the tops?

2. I think it's fine to mix and match.