MiuMiu new bag, what do you all think?

What's in:
The Miu Miu Coffer bag
Sizzle factor:
The latest must-have purse is being toted by actresses Maggie Gyllenhaal, Keira Knightley, Sienna Miller and Mischa Barton and Monaco royal Charlotte Casiraghi. Gyllenhaal was spotted stroking her brown suede version during interviews promoting World Trade Center (out Aug. 9). "It's so soft, and I love the color," she said.
The skinny:
The bag has two big central pockets and padlock fasteners. It comes in black, brown, tan or white. The styling suits the office or the red carpet. And Miu Miu stores can't keep them in stock, says a representative for Miu Miu, a less expensive sister line to Prada launched in 1992. (Miu Miu is designer Miuccia Prada's nickname.)
Look for it at:
Though they might be tough to find, the bags, part of the 2006-07 fall/winter collection, are sold at Miu Miu stores, Barneys New York, Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue.
Price tag:
$1,295 for suede, $1,445 for finished leather
Article from USAToday

Thanks for posting that article. This bag must be really popular since they have an article about it. There is another thread here with pictures of celebrities wearing this bag. That is when I first heard of the bag. I really am thinking of getting one. I think that I like the suede version better. Some other members also thought that the suede looked better. Where is the tan available at? The Miu Miu stores in the US do not have tan or white. They told me that those colors might be for the stores in Italy. Sienna has the white one.

DiamondGirl1 said:
Right after I posted it, I saw the other thread. Haven't seen the tan, but if I do, I'll post it here for you.

Thanks for posting the article. It shows how much more exposure the bag is getting. Yes, I really want to know who carries the tan color.

I tried on this bag last week in Paris. Like Kat, I'm not crazy about it. IMO, it'll look nice on taller gals. I thought it looked overwhelming on me. Though I have to say the leather felt and smelled heavenly....

so after thinking about it (and 3 glasses of wine), i decided to order the suede coffer from nm online - have to say, i'm kinda excited about it! hopefully it'll be just as gorg irl!

I think it's cuter in the suede, too. Both versions are currently on NAP, with really great pics. listed there -- helpful to anybody who is thinking of buying and wants to browse from home.