Miu Miu is bringing back the Coffer

1. Did you check out Miu Miu's pre-fall 2018 collection?

I spotted a Coffer! They removed part of the gold hardware and replaced it with a big buckle and also changed the matelasse, am I wrong?

I was wondering... Wasn't the Coffer retired? It's been yeeeears since I last saw it at a Miu Miu store.

Some info would be welcome, thank you!!

miu-miu.png
    4purse likes this.
  2. I hope this means smooshy bags are coming back. That quilting is in several lines right now.

Bratty1919 likes this.
  3. It's such a beautiful bag. Sadly I loved looking at mine more than using it. Just found it so heavy and unwieldy to use. Loved the crossbody option but the thick braided strap made it feel awkward.

Bratty1919 likes this.
  4. #4 Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Yes, this style hasn't been around for at least five years I believe :smile: Nice they brought it back... the buckle is updated, yes, while the matelasse is a little narrower due to different leather used... Nappa leather is almost always like this, while the 'old' Coffer was usually made of 'Vitello shine' leather which had wider quilts :smile:

I also noticed the 'Cervo' bags are back this season :tup::tup: Miu miu often brings back some styles, patterns (cats, swallows etc.) or clothing pieces from previous seasons :flowers:

5. Miu Miu does some of the best quilted bags.

6. I am a fan of Miu Miu for many years and the coffer was one of my favourite. But it seems this style is discountinued. Anyone know if it is out of style? I do want to know if they will sell the coffer in boutique again...

7. I still think it's a beautiful purse. The leather was yummy and I liked the intricacy of the stitching. Wear what you like with pride!

8. I agreed. I hope they will sell it in store again! I like all the colours, nude, navy, beige...

9. I think they should change how it's opened. I remember fumbling around with the key, attempting to get my items out.

10. I don't use the key as I don't lock it:biggrin:
    Actually I found it is not heavy for a big bag (I own a large size one):nuts:

11. I made the mistake of locking it on many occasions. I must be a total wimp; no pain, no gain? I sold it a few years ago. It was a thrifted purchase.

12. Such a gorgeous bag.

13. I still have three Coffers and couldn't bring myself to sell them. I was pondering if I should and now I see they could be coming back? I always found it to be a really comfortable lush bag so it would be a welcome return.

ezabuk and dotty8 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice