Miu Miu Care and Maintenance

ncch

O.G.
Feb 18, 2012
Oh no! I think that's ink from printed paper and not from pens. Did you put your wallet on top of a newspaper or something that was printed? I've read before that you can use alcohol and cloth to rub it out. I wonder if those magic erasers would do it. I've never tried either so I can't recommend it. I'd do some research online. Maybe there are patent leather cleaners available? Let us know! Good luck

Jan 10, 2012
I picked out my wallet when I was paying at a store and I noticed how stained it is.... View attachment 2678327 View attachment 2678328
I never put pens in my bags and I never keep my keys in my bags (they are in a keyholder). All lose objects are in pouches and pens in a pencase.
How can I clean this? If I can clean it that is .... :sad:

Sorry if this thread isn't allowed.

I agree with the above poster, it does look like ink transfer eg. newspaper/magazines

Using something alcohol based should remove it without taking the patent off

raya0315

Sep 4, 2007
I've had a coffer black patent back for a while. It is always stored in its dust bag. Today I took it out and in some spots the coating came off!! It's like moth ate it! As I remember, the bag is made out of coated canvas, correct? Is there a way to fix it? Maybe there is a coating I can apply? Please help if you know what to do. I love this bag!!! :sad::sad:

mimott

O.G.
Dec 2, 2010
Hi. I have a brown/oak Coffer in the most beautiful, squishy untreated leather that has seen better days. What is the way to treat it without darkening the leather too much?
Should I spray with collonil or would that make the nappa sticky and lose the softness? Thanks:smile:

Karmenz

Dec 13, 2011
Help! My Miu Miu Shinny Blue Nappa Special Edition Severe Discolouration!!!

http://www.vogue.it/en/shows/oddities/2011/09/miu-miu-special-edition-for-barcelona

I purchase my Nappa back in the end of 2011 when I visited Barcelona, and to celebrate their first ever flagship store opening in Barcelona, they have a special edition of the Nappa in a gorgeous vintage, shinny, light blue colour, and I felt in love with it!

Now, I understand that the leather will change colour on regular usage, due to it is a special bag I use it very carefully, I've only use it no more than 10 times for the past 3 years. I condition it every time after used and I spray protectant and kept it in the dust bag and store it in a dry and dark area which is my closet. I never use it during winter months cause where I live snows.

I notice colour change after the first few use of the bag (in Summer time, it got tanned a little) and I didn't pay too much attention as I know it is natural leather is meant to have colour changes. However, I use the bag again recently and notice the discolouration is too extreme, I have other Miu Miu bag (in darker colour) it only change colour slightly. I start to worry and brought it to Miu Miu in a department store (where I live don't have a flagship MM store).

The SA also thinks the colour change is too drastic (the area that exposed to the sun has became grey brownish pale blue, inside the flap where it has no contact with the sun is the original colour). She said if I bring in the bag within the first year of use and it looks like this they will issue an exchange for me right away, but since is 3 years old bag they cannot do anything, but she will help me check with restoration. She took a picture of the bag and send an email to the MM lab in New York. A day later she email me saying that the lab say there is NOTHING they can do about in restoration, so, I reply asking if they can condition and clean my bag as I don't want the condition to get worsen as it is right now. She replied and advice me to bring it to a local leather shop and ask there, as there is absolutely NOTHING they can do!

I am very upset with her responds, I cannot trust any other shop out there to treat my bag but MM's own repair lab. I don't know why they are so unwilling to help me. I don't know what to do now, should I bring it to other MM store and try? Should I email someone in their head office in Italy? Has anyone had problem with their MM bag's colour and did restoration in other leather shop rather than MM?

Please help me :sad::cry:

Thank you for reading my long post, I hope to get some advice here!

Attachments

• IMG_6976.JPG
    IMG_6976.JPG
    964.4 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG_6978.JPG
    IMG_6978.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 488

Karmenz

Dec 13, 2011
Up dates...

So eggtartapproved gave me the contact she used for her bag, I emailed but no reply :sad:

So I tried Miu Miu USA client services, and here's their respond...

Thank you for your message.

"With regard to your request, we wish to confirm that after extensive verification with our Repair Lab, we have determined that we are unfortunately not in a position to repair or refurbish your handbag.

While the Prada Group offers continuous assistance to all clients whenever possible, very often extending the one-year guarantee applied everywhere in the United States, we are regrettably not able to repair each item inspected by our Repair Lab, due to the delicacy and variety of materials involved.

We regret that we cannot assist you further in this case.

Kind regards,
Miu Miu Client Service"

I have ask both Canada and USA Miu Miu and both reply nothing they can do for me...sigh...

:sad:

Up dates...

So eggtartapproved gave me the contact she used for her bag, I emailed but no reply :sad:

So I tried Miu Miu USA client services, and here's their respond...

Thank you for your message.

"With regard to your request, we wish to confirm that after extensive verification with our Repair Lab, we have determined that we are unfortunately not in a position to repair or refurbish your handbag.

While the Prada Group offers continuous assistance to all clients whenever possible, very often extending the one-year guarantee applied everywhere in the United States, we are regrettably not able to repair each item inspected by our Repair Lab, due to the delicacy and variety of materials involved.

We regret that we cannot assist you further in this case.

Kind regards,
Miu Miu Client Service"

I have ask both Canada and USA Miu Miu and both reply nothing they can do for me...sigh...

:sad:
sorry to hear that babe. I am considering buying a Miu Miu bag but after seeing what kind of service you have had, I am having second thoughts.

I might be better off getting my fav brand Balenciaga.

Karmenz

Dec 13, 2011
sorry to hear that babe. I am considering buying a Miu Miu bag but after seeing what kind of service you have had, I am having second thoughts.

I might be better off getting my fav brand Balenciaga.

Yeah...I never have to deal with customer service with other brand name bags that I own, so I don't know how their post customer services like.

However, I have had enough with Miu Miu, I am not going to buy their bags no more. I reply them asking if they could do a cleaning/conditioning for my bag to prevent further discoloration, I will pay for the service. Guess what, they decided to ignore me, did not reply my email (even tho I ask nicely).

So keep in mind, if you get an Miu Miu bag, once after your warrenty period, they are very likely not gonna want deal with you, unless you are like a VIP (I guess).

K