Mitzy messenger owners, here is a tip for you!

klp0213

Sep 2, 2008
Hi girlies,

Just wanted to make this a thread so that everyone can see it without having to search for my reveal.

Here are photos and instructions on how you can make the messenger strap shorter so the bag can be worn on the shoulder, like the hobo.

1. Undo one of the buckled ends and thread the strap through the loop on the other side

2. Arrange the strap so that a length of it is under the other and then put the loose end through the buckle, while making sure a bit of strap sits inside the loop

3. Do up the buckle and you're good to go!

There are in effect three straps on your shoulder once this is done, but it's sooo comfy! I've used the bag both ways this weekend and I absolutely love it!!! :yahoo:

Attachments

• MM8.jpg
    MM8.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 2,380
  • MM9.jpg
    MM9.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 2,268
  • MM10.jpg
    MM10.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 2,268
  • MM11.jpg
    MM11.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 2,338
  • MM12.jpg
    MM12.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 2,452
Thanks, very helpful! Was lucky to get a Mitzy Messenger for my b'day the other day and have been wondering if I should punch a few holes in the strap for when I want to carry it over the shoulder (Mulberry website suggests to "knot" the strap, but not keen on that). This solves the problem though! Very good step by step pictures :smile:

I tried Klp's great trick today and added a little loop with a sewing thread around the straps so they didn't separate to much when wearing the bag. It worked a treat. Thanks again for sharing your great idea!

Aw, thanks girls! You're so sweet!

I'm glad it has worked for you annaswe. Great idea re putting a loop of thread around the straps. :tup:

Miss Mabel, I haven't found that the strap has kinked at all so far. Mulberry advise to knot the strap which I think causes much more stress to the leather than doing this.

I'm so glad I worked out how to do this so I have two bags instead of just one. Unfortunately I still really want a medium oak hobo!

I must be being really blonde lol!! I have undone the strap but cannot push it further through as the buckle obviously cannot go through the loop, so cant see how it can be done :biggrin:!!!

I think I need step by step monday instructions ;) but basically, once I unstrap my strap, it has nowhere to go!!!