Missing Shark Mystery SOLVED! *Pics of the search mission inside*

kneehighz

mood: PRADA!
Jun 13, 2007
This is an update to the thread My shark disappeared in my fishtank! . I still can't believe how many of you were curious and even cared, most people like cats and dogs, not sharks! I loved the comments and pictures at the end :lol:. Anyway, without delaying further..here's what happened..

For better or worse me and DH decided to poke around the tank to find any evidence. It was actually DH's idea that I take pics for my "friends on the forum" so you can thank him. To refresh your memory, here is the scene of the crime..well where my shark disappeared:

attachment.php

Hmm..nothing under the rock except for lobster-boy (some fish that looks like a lobster). Notice that the shark would be too big to hide under the gravel. Before DH started poking around the gravel I told him to check the "tree"..the decorative thing in the corner incase there were holes in it that we were unaware of.

attachment.php

Attachments

• shark 011.jpg
    shark 011.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 413
OYE what's this?! Is that a shark in the tree!?! How on earth did it get there! It's too big! Let's take a look..

attachment.php

I think that IS the shark! How do we get it out? :crybaby:

Attachments

• shark 012.jpg
    shark 012.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 439
The stench that came from the tree was nauseating, perhaps he got stuck in there and died. DH shook the tree a few times...we saw some fin movement! Praise the lobster he's alive! DH shook the tree some more...then he tried using the water that came out of the filter to try and force sharkie out. Still nothing. Then DH tried poking him with a stick through another hole in the tree. Nothing. Hmm..perhaps the fin movement was just the water moving his dead body with the current? :s

For better or for worse we had to get him out though..so DH somehow managed to grab a hold of his tail. Shark boy was very slimy:yucky: so DH couldn't get a grip. At this point we still weren't sure if he was alive or not, so DH pulled gently on his tail...

attachment.php

:wtf::wtf::wtf:!!!

Attachments

• shark 026.jpg
    shark 026.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 409
EWWW!! And not just eww but I was so scared that we were either going to hurt him if he was alive or break off his degenerating tail if he was dead. Bad news was that he was stuck. DH pulled real hard but sharkie didn't move. He obviously did not get in through this hole. We must find the hole he got in through and try to get him out through there! :sweatdrop:

attachment.php

Attachments

• shark 027.jpg
    shark 027.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 404
So Dh pushed him back in. Hmm..eh? Sharkie is that you?

attachment.php

Is he alive then?:nuts:

attachment.php

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo::yahoo: He's alive! Phew! :sweatdrop:

Aww..poor baby!

Attachments

• shark 028.jpg
    shark 028.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 405
  • shark 029.jpg
    shark 029.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 396