Missing Package

danagurl

O.G.
Sep 21, 2008
I placed an order w/ Coach... Received my shipment/tracking email. Worked from home today because they stated the packed would be delivered today. I checked UPS and they updated that the package was delivered today.... Left on the front porch. I have been home all day with the front door open and haven't seen a UPS truck. I am sooooo heated! I opened an investigation with UPS, who said it will take about 10 days. Anyone been through this before?

I placed an order w/ Coach... Received my shipment/tracking email. Worked from home today because they stated the packed would be delivered today. I checked UPS and they updated that the package was delivered today.... Left on the front porch. I have been home all day with the front door open and haven't seen a UPS truck. I am sooooo heated! I opened an investigation with UPS, who said it will take about 10 days. Anyone been through this before?
Oh ugh. Did you check and see if any of your neighbors received the package by accident? This happened to me once and when I walked over to my neighbors it was sitting right there on the front porch.:smile:

Did you call the local UPS branch or the 800 number? I have called the local office before and give them the UPS tracking number...they can radio the driver and see where he might have left the box. Good luck.

Yes... I checked my neighbors.. They have a package on their front porch but it's from Amazon. I don't understand... Why does this have to happen to me 😠😠
That so stinks - especially when you're excited and waiting! I would make sure if the address they claim they delivered to in case it's not yours like the other gal said.

Yes, it happened to me with UPS a few years ago, a pair of Teva flip flops for DH. I knew they were out for delivery, and suddenly the status showed delivered. Well I was home and they were not anywhere near my front door, nor did I hear or see the UPS truck. It was next to impossible to locate a phone number of the local office which is just a few miles down the road from me. I called the 800 number and they were to return my call after they could contact the driver. Meanwhile, we got a phone call from someone who lives on the next street over, same house number. They had our shoes! We were listed in the phone book, so they looked up our number and called us. I hope you find your package!

Yes! This has happened with an AG doll and another with an iPhone 5s. After a week, our neighbors realized the doll belonged to us. The cellphone never resurfaced. The phone was new to the market. I was upset about the disappearance of that phone for a long time. UPS eventually closed the case and said I should make sure I opt to sign for packages to ensure I receive them. Apparently, this has been growing problem for the route that delivers our packages.

Last edited:
This happened to me, but I was out front of my house when the driver pulled up, he went in the back of the truck realized that he left me package at another house and told me he would be right back.....he NEVER came back

I called UPS after waiting a hour for the driver to return, was told he left for the day. I did get where he left the package and the next day I went over t the house asked for my package

^^ That is insane! How about the people who set up cameras outside thier house and you see the fedex/UPS guys THROW packages on the property!!

To the OP, I hope you get your package soon!!

It happened to me with UPS twice! One time I had a textbook sent to work, they scanned the box as delivered when it was still on the truck. I had to call UPS and they were rude and useless but they told me the driver would come back at the end of his shift if he could find it. I called Amazon and they were awesome and told me if my book didn't arrive, they'd send me another one for free. The driver ended up coming back later that day and dropped it off without telling anyone. I had to keep going back to the warehouse area to see if the book was there.

Another time, my sister ordered a new cell phone and my mother was home the day it was supposed to be delivered. Her car was in the driveway and she waited in the kitchen at the front of the house. What does the UPS guy do? Didn't even attempt a delivery, just decided to deliver it to a house a few doors down. :mad: The phone company (Rogers) was unapologetic about what UPS did, and my sister had to go get her phone from the house it was dropped at. Which involved staring out the kitchen window for an entire day to wait for when that neighbour finally came home. Unacceptable. Online shops that use UPS will never see my business because I hate UPS so very much.

This has happened to me. They delivered a blazer I bought on Neiman Marcus online to another house. I called ups, insisted that they put me through to the local office, and they said they would have the driver look for it and he would redeliver "if he found he made a mistake". I didn't wait around for the driver to do the right thing, I called Neiman Marcus and told them that ups had not delivered, and they opened a case with ups and shipped me another blazer right away at no charge.

I don't understand people who get the wrong package or regular mail and don't bother to notify the true recipient. Our local mail carrier frequently puts our neighbor's mail in our box. I just wonder how many times our mail is delivered to the wrong place, and we never ever see it.

But I also have a good story. Back when the last Harry Potter book came out, my sister had ordered it from Amazon to be delivered on the actual release day. When the mail came, it wasn't there. But about an hour later, the mail carrier was back because he had found it and knew someone would be disappointed to not get it that day.

I live in a rural area, and we have never had a problem with UPS delivery, thank goodness.

I don't understand people who get the wrong package or regular mail and don't bother to notify the true recipient. Our local mail carrier frequently puts our neighbor's mail in our box. I just wonder how many times our mail is delivered to the wrong place, and we never ever see it.

Yep. I live in a duplex with the boxes on either side of the front door (which is my door). I have been here many years, but especially in the last couple since we haven't had a regular mail person (seems to be someone different every day), it is a mess. My neighbor who has lived here since last year and I both have our names in big letters on each mailbox and they just shove all her stuff in my mailbox and vice versa.. We laughed because our names start with the same letter and are both 5 letters long, but apparently that is close enough for them.

In the last couple months UPS has consistently put packages next to the garage behind the garbage bins instead of the front door - even when there is clearly someone at home. (This annoys me, but I've never had a package go missing with UPS.) Check the side of your house, and behind the garbage can just in case. I really hope your package shows up soon.

In the last couple months UPS has consistently put packages next to the garage behind the garbage bins instead of the front door - even when there is clearly someone at home. (This annoys me, but I've never had a package go missing with UPS.) Check the side of your house, and behind the garbage can just in case. I really hope your package shows up soon.

Yeah, my UPS pretty much never rings the doorbell and puts most things behind the garbage/grill next to my duplex neighbor's door. It is fine by me as I only have a concrete stoop to my front door so if something is left, it is right out in the open. I think it saves them a lot of time from waiting for people to come to the door.