**Selling/consigning** with Fashionphile

I sold a Gucci bag and wallet separately to Fashionphile from the same local FedEx mom and pop shipping center. Both boxes arrived but were empty when they got to Fashionphile. They said it happens a lot. They took care of the Fedex claim and still did my payout so I'm not sure why they are making you deal with Fedex when it's with their insured account and label.
I sent an LV bag to them a couple of weeks ago from an actual Fed Ex center (20 mins away) and it arrived safe and sound.
I am convinced there are people who know to look for items to FP (either at the shipping places or within Fed Ex) and if the tape can easily be cut open and re-taped, they can take out the item and reseal it and keep it going. There is no other explanation!
The Gucci and wallet were small like the pouch - perhaps the thieves can more easily hide smaller goods which is why they didn't take the NF too?
I'm sorry this happened to you :sad:
I'm sorry that happened but glad to hear they took care of the issue. I drafted an email and sent it to their main email as well as another contact there so I hope it gets better response than I was receiving.

I dropped my item at a FedEx kinko's and the person who took the box taped it up some more for me. I'm not sure if that means anything. There is another thread where another member lost a wallet when sent to FP. So you may be right about the small items.

Has anyone sent a LV to Fashionphile to sell? I looked through their site and it doesn't state how much they keep (at least not that I could find). I saw if you sold it to them outright - they would give you 50-60% of projected sale price. I even looked at their sales contract - no mention of their charge and fees. Anyone have experience with them? Do they keep 20%? 40%?

Thanks for any info,
Christine
I would recommend Fashionphile for buying but not for selling high-end bags or jewelry that are in demand. On their website, it shows they keep 30% but that if the item sells for over 3K, they only keep 15% of the amount over 3K. The catch to this is that they don't offer cosignment option on items that they know are in demand and will sell quick for more than 3K. They only offer direct buyout for these items and the amount is way lower than what you could get on other sites or selling yourself. I get that it takes away the hassle, but it is just not worth it to lose so much money on something that you know will sell quick.

I sold a Gucci bag and wallet separately to Fashionphile from the same local FedEx mom and pop shipping center. Both boxes arrived but were empty when they got to Fashionphile. They said it happens a lot. They took care of the Fedex claim and still did my payout so I'm not sure why they are making you deal with Fedex when it's with their insured account and label.
I sent an LV bag to them a couple of weeks ago from an actual Fed Ex center (20 mins away) and it arrived safe and sound.
I am convinced there are people who know to look for items to FP (either at the shipping places or within Fed Ex) and if the tape can easily be cut open and re-taped, they can take out the item and reseal it and keep it going. There is no other explanation!
The Gucci and wallet were small like the pouch - perhaps the thieves can more easily hide smaller goods which is why they didn't take the NF too?
I'm sorry this happened to you :sad:
Thanks for sharing this! I've been going through a stolen wallet issue. I thought maybe FP receiving might have lost it, but if FedEx is known for this happening... Interesting!

Yes, and I think we both agree FedEx isn't where they are going missing...
Oh I highly doubt that it is FedEx. Too many machinations involved. Unless there was a manifest on the outside you would have to have X-Ray vision to know which boxes contained small items or you would have to open lots of boxes.
It would make more sense to just have the entire box just disappear.
Were these items sent to Carlsbad?

Reactions: kkfiregirl
Oh I highly doubt that it is FedEx. Too many machinations involved. Unless there was a manifest on the outside you would have to have X-Ray vision to know which boxes contained small items or you would have to open lots of boxes.
It would make more sense to just have the entire box just disappear.
Were these items sent to Carlsbad?
Mine went to Carlsbad, or wherever their label sends them now.

Depending on what device you are on there should be a list of mods currently online. On my desktop it is on the right and on my tablet it is at the bottom of the forum page

Clearly, this is not an accident or honest mistake that these losses are occurring. If it's as @Dawn suspects, Fedex has some firing to do and/or FP might consider closing her Fedex and opening an account with another shipper. And if it's FP's employees who are either careless and disposing of small items or dishonest and stealing them, she needs to do a bit more investigation to find where the leaks are occurring.

Either way, it's FP's account or employees and she should be making the clients whole. It's not up to the clients to file Fedex claims.

Clearly, this is not an accident or honest mistake that these losses are occurring. If it's as @Dawn suspects, Fedex has some firing to do and/or FP might consider closing her Fedex and opening an account with another shipper. And if it's FP's employees who are either careless and disposing of small items or dishonest and stealing them, she needs to do a bit more investigation to find where the leaks are occurring.

Either way, it's FP's account or employees and she should be making the clients whole. It's not up to the clients to file Fedex claims.
That was my thought too (on changing carriers from Fedex to USPS or UPS) but the woman I spoke with multiple times from FP said that it happens with all of the carriers. It's crazy to me! I wonder how many things are stolen in transit from other luxury stores.
I was so scared they were going to think I had scammed them since it was two separate items. They were definitely concerned, but they never made me feel like a crook and definitely took the burden off of my shoulders and dealt with it. The place where I shipped from had no security cameras. :sad:

While I have no love for Fed Ex, I seriously don't think they're the issue here. It doesn't make sense.
If FP really has such a prevalent issue of lost / stolen goods and it was Fed Ex employees at fault, two things stand out:

1. It wouldn't just be the mail going TO FP that would be targeted, but also mail coming FROM FP. Which while I've heard multiple complaints for the former, I've yet to hear of any instances of the latter. Its interesting that the only items going missing are the items they're supposed to pay for, not the items they're paid for.

2. FP would be insane to not switch to a different shipping service if they truly thought Fed Ex was the issue and it happened frequently enough to be a serious issue.

(ETA #3: As others have also stated: And in many cases it not all the items that are missing, I think its far more likely an FP employee is skimming off the boxes at intake. Because it makes more sense that an FP employee would only take part of a box's contents to avoid too much suspicion, than it does for a Fed Ex employee to go through the risk of opening a box, taking one item, resealing it and sending it along. A Fed Ex employee would be more likely to just take the whole thing and either trash the box (it goes "missing" entirely) or possibly sending on the empty parcel. )

Last edited:
(ETA #3: As others have also stated: And in many cases it not all the items that are missing, I think its far more likely an FP employee is skimming off the boxes at intake. Because it makes more sense that an FP employee would only take part of a box's contents to avoid too much suspicion, than it does for a Fed Ex employee to go through the risk of opening a box, taking one item, resealing it and sending it along. A Fed Ex employee would be more likely to just take the whole thing and either trash the box (it goes "missing" entirely) or possibly sending on the empty parcel. )
Thank you for saying that. I made that implication early on, being very careful not to accuse but I was considered (both publicly and privately) to be far too suspicious.

ETA: And based on that, it's dishonest to file a claim with Fedex. Would Fedex pay out such a claim? Probably for a high volume customer like FP, but it will cost us all in the end, just as cheating ebay costs every user!