Missing Item - Fashionphile - HELP

Pitsrule

Apr 3, 2014
HELP! I sold my Louis Vuitton Papillon 30 with pouch to Fashionphile. They received the bag and sent me an email stating the buyout offer decreased because the original quote included the pouch and it was not in the box. WTH!

I contacted Fashionphile and they are not able to locate the pouch and state I need to file a claim with FedEx.

I'm not sure if I should have them ship my bag back and file a claim with FedEx for the pouch or continue to sell the bag to them and file the claim.

Has this happened to anyone before? I sold once to them and no issues so I wasn't hesitant to sell again. This whole process has been annoying and stressful because it takes many tries to get in contact with Fashionphile and they are not very helpful.

Sep 11, 2006
U.K.
You might get more experienced help with this issue in the ebay forum (I know it's not an ebay issue but lots of posters have experienced postal claims and will be able to offer advice).

I know it's a silly question but are you absolutely sure the pouch was included in the bag when you sent it? It wasn't accidentally left out?

Did you ship with Fedex yourself or was it under Fashionphile's account?

Pitsrule

Apr 3, 2014
You might get more experienced help with this issue in the ebay forum (I know it's not an ebay issue but lots of posters have experienced postal claims and will be able to offer advice).

I know it's a silly question but are you absolutely sure the pouch was included in the bag when you sent it? It wasn't accidentally left out?

Did you ship with Fedex yourself or was it under Fashionphile's account?
It was shipped under Fashionphile's account. Yes I'm absolutely sure it was in there. Thank you.

Pitsrule

Apr 3, 2014
HELP! I sold my Louis Vuitton Papillon 30 with pouch to Fashionphile. They received the bag and sent me an email stating the buyout offer decreased because the original quote included the pouch and it was not in the box. WTH!

I contacted Fashionphile and they are not able to locate the pouch and state I need to file a claim with FedEx.

I'm not sure if I should have them ship my bag back and file a claim with FedEx for the pouch or continue to sell the bag to them and file the claim.

Has this happened to anyone before? The bag was shipped under Fashionphile's FedEx account, will they still allow me to file the claim? Sorry but this has never happened to me before.

Reactions: iLuvBeauty

caannie

Happily Retired
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
Montgomery, AL
Seeing how things are going with FP, maybe a "Fashionphile claims FedEx lost part of my shipment" thread of it's own is in order.

What's really weird is items are disappearing from boxes, not the entire box itself, or all it's contents. I wonder if they recently hired someone at FP in receiving who's not very good at their job? I find it VERY unlikely a FedEx employee stole the pouch.

What did they say the pouch was worth (as far as lowering the price?)

Reactions: kkfiregirl

Dawn

seriously?
O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
United States
I sold a Gucci bag and wallet separately to Fashionphile from the same local FedEx mom and pop shipping center. Both boxes arrived but were empty when they got to Fashionphile. They said it happens a lot. They took care of the Fedex claim and still did my payout so I'm not sure why they are making you deal with Fedex when it's with their insured account and label.
I sent an LV bag to them a couple of weeks ago from an actual Fed Ex center (20 mins away) and it arrived safe and sound.
I am convinced there are people who know to look for items to FP (either at the shipping places or within Fed Ex) and if the tape can easily be cut open and re-taped, they can take out the item and reseal it and keep it going. There is no other explanation!
The Gucci and wallet were small like the pouch - perhaps the thieves can more easily hide smaller goods which is why they didn't take the NF too?
I'm sorry this happened to you :sad:

Pitsrule

Apr 3, 2014
Seeing how things are going with FP, maybe a "Fashionphile claims FedEx lost part of my shipment" thread of it's own is in order.

What's really weird is items are disappearing from boxes, not the entire box itself, or all it's contents. I wonder if they recently hired someone at FP in receiving who's not very good at their job? I find it VERY unlikely a FedEx employee stole the pouch.

What did they say the pouch was worth (as far as lowering the price?)
Yes, I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one.The lowered it by $100. I agree, why just steal just the pouch?

Pitsrule

Apr 3, 2014
I sold a Gucci bag and wallet separately to Fashionphile from the same local FedEx mom and pop shipping center. Both boxes arrived but were empty when they got to Fashionphile. They said it happens a lot. They took care of the Fedex claim and still did my payout so I'm not sure why they are making you deal with Fedex when it's with their insured account and label.
I sent an LV bag to them a couple of weeks ago from an actual Fed Ex center (20 mins away) and it arrived safe and sound.
I am convinced there are people who know to look for items to FP (either at the shipping places or within Fed Ex) and if the tape can easily be cut open and re-taped, they can take out the item and reseal it and keep it going. There is no other explanation!
The Gucci and wallet were small like the pouch - perhaps the thieves can more easily hide smaller goods which is why they didn't take the NF too?
I'm sorry that happened but glad to hear they took care of the issue. I drafted an email and sent it to their main email as well as another contact there so I hope it gets better response than I was receiving.

I dropped my item at a FedEx kinko's and the person who took the box taped it up some more for me. I'm not sure if that means anything. There is another thread where another member lost a wallet when sent to FP. So you may be right about the small items.

caannie

Happily Retired
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
Montgomery, AL
Thanks for sharing this! I've been going through a stolen wallet issue. I thought maybe FP receiving might have lost it, but if FedEx is known for this happening... Interesting!

poopsie

How Sentimental
O.G.
Jan 14, 2009
Where the wild things are
Yes, and I think we both agree FedEx isn't where they are going missing...
Oh I highly doubt that it is FedEx. Too many machinations involved. Unless there was a manifest on the outside you would have to have X-Ray vision to know which boxes contained small items or you would have to open lots of boxes.
It would make more sense to just have the entire box just disappear.
Were these items sent to Carlsbad?

Reactions: kkfiregirl