missing craftsman stamp??

Status
Not open for further replies.

judzilla

Jul 20, 2006
Dear all~ I am very new to hermes and just bought my first hermes scarf recently and been crazily doing a lot of researching about hermes scarf and learning the history of it. It's just absolutely beautiful :love:

I was recently admiring a vintage ostrich kelly bag that my friend got. There seems to be a missing craftsman stamp by the flap...?? is this normal...? she said it's from 1992.

I didn't want to say much to my friend (yet) because I don't have the extensive knowledge of a kelly bag other than the basics.

Thank you~

birkel

O.G.
Jan 17, 2009
some bags dont have it but on the Kelly the stamp is on the strap behind the plaque not on the flap hope itl helps.Birkel

judzilla

Jul 20, 2006
Is your question in regards to authenticity of the bag?
ya, I think I have never bought something that expensive on ebay so when my friend told me she bought her ostrich kelly from ebay it made me a little more leery of authenticity. :thinking: I know there are reputable resellers on ebay but I guess I don't know much about kelly so I would be more cautious. If it could potentially be a fake, she should definitely report that.

judzilla

Jul 20, 2006
some bags dont have it but on the Kelly the stamp is on the strap behind the plaque not on the flap hope itl helps.Birkel
ah~ I see - I'll ask her to check that and see. I think I got her nervous about authenticity of that bag now. :panic:

thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.