Mirrors in all Venetas or just the classic style?

boxermom

O.G.
Aug 26, 2006
My large Plisse Nero Veneta didn't come with a mirror and I was told that the special seasonal style Venetas don't have them, just the plain ones. But my Nuvolato from SS 2010 has a mirror. Just wondering--those of you with pleated, tournoboni styles--did mirrors come with them?

My large Plisse Nero Veneta didn't come with a mirror and I was told that the special seasonal style Venetas don't have them, just the plain ones. But my Nuvolato from SS 2010 has a mirror. Just wondering--those of you with pleated, tournoboni styles--did mirrors come with them?

I can't answer your question, Boxermom - but did I miss the reveal of you Plisse????!!!!! :popcorn:

Yes. My medium nero tornabuoni veneta (never can remember how to spell that) did come with a mirror. I have had discussions with SA's about the mystery of the mirrors and they indicated that it seems almost random as to whether a bag will come with one or not.

Miss_Fancy, you didn't miss a thing. I bought it yesterday during the trunk show at Tyson's BV store. I hadn't seen the Plisse IRL before and I love it. Will post some pix when I get back home.

Boxermom, I'm anxious to see your pictures. The plisse shows up so well in ink and red in pictures.......how noticeable is the detail in nero? My tounabouri and nuvolato came with mirrors. Some of my plain venetas did and some didn't. I kind of assume when the bags are on display people frequently pocket the mirrors....KWIM? One of these days I will get myself to Tysons!

I have been curious about this as well. My exotics came with mirrors. My regular leather Romas and my Illusion Hobo did not. I never could figure it out! :P

Boxermom, I'm anxious to see your pictures. The plisse shows up so well in ink and red in pictures.......how noticeable is the detail in nero? My tounabouri and nuvolato came with mirrors. Some of my plain venetas did and some didn't. I kind of assume when the bags are on display people frequently pocket the mirrors....KWIM? One of these days I will get myself to Tysons!

As you can imagine, the plisse detail in black is very subtle. From a distance you wouldn't see it like the pleated or tounabouri or nuvolato. But I really liked the little change in a Nero Veneta so I gulped and bought it. I swear if you could keep me away from large Venetas for a year, I'd have my Cabat saved for.;)

Let me know when you're going to Tyson's! If you want to meet for lunch, I'll gladly visit my grandkids for a couple days, do their laundry and reward myself with a visit to BV:graucho:.

Ah, boxermom!... I love the veneta, too - it is a hopeless situation, so just enjoy the addiction! I cannot wait to see your pics as I love the plisse!

Neither my large turbulence pleated veneta nor my large grape tornabuoni came with a mirror... nor did my copper ossidato cervo hobo, nor my matita belly 76. I do not love them less, but just stick another mirror in the pocket when I wear them. All the exotics I have with the exception of the half-moon ottone karung clutch came with mirrors, as did all the classic venetas... no mirrors for the cabats ...and it does not affect my affection for any of them! I do adore the mirrors, though!

Yes. My medium nero tornabuoni veneta (never can remember how to spell that) did come with a mirror. I have had discussions with SA's about the mystery of the mirrors and they indicated that it seems almost random as to whether a bag will come with one or not.

Ah, boxermom!... I love the veneta, too - it is a hopeless situation, so just enjoy the addiction! I cannot wait to see your pics as I love the plisse!

Neither my large turbulence pleated veneta nor my large grape tornabuoni came with a mirror... nor did my copper ossidato cervo hobo, nor my matita belly 76. I do not love them less, but just stick another mirror in the pocket when I wear them. All the exotics I have with the exception of the half-moon ottone karung clutch came with mirrors, as did all the classic venetas... no mirrors for the cabats ...and it does not affect my affection for any of them! I do adore the mirrors, though!

.[FONT=&quot]....And to add to the confusion, my medium Grape Tornabuoni Veneta did not come with a mirror. I originally thought this happened because I had to purchase my bag from Barney's but I don't recall seeing a mirror in this bag at the BV boutique either. [/FONT]

Will try to take pix tomorrow and post. I managed to catch a bad cold from my granddaughter and feel brain-dead after driving the 6+ hrs back to NC.

Maybe I'm lucky I got the dustbag! I cannot figure out their system for mirrors.