mirror mirror on the wall. who's the fairest black boy of them all?? PICS!

which is the keeper??

• gold hw boy

• ruth. hw boy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 24, 2006
finally taking the plunge for my first boy! but which should i choose? every chanel bag that i own has gold hardware because i love it... all of my jewelry is gold. i own a woc, m/l, jumbo, and GST ALL in black caviar and gold hw LOL therefore you can understand why this is such a big deal for me. on this bag, is the gold too much? i noticed that the front clasp on the gold is slightly "dented" in the leather... please see pic. the gold is made in France while the rhw is made in Italy. both places i would live in lol. which would you choose?
thanks for your help as always!

Attachments

• IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 872
  • IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 874
  • IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 866
  • IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 868
Personally, of the two, I like it with shw better, but it's such a personal decision. I had a similar dilemma recently with a black jumbo. In the end, I decided to go with the gold hardware b/c it was lambskin, and it seemed to be a better match. In the classics, I think lamb is best with ghw, caviar with shw; having said that, I'm not so sure that the same school of thought applies to Boys. Just think about how you'll be wearing this bag; if dressy, then go with ghw, if casual, shw is the answer. hth

Tough choice but the rhw seems to match the black better. I think the gold is too gold on this bag. I actually considered the black with gold as well but decided to pass in the end. Good luck on your choice.

If you have only gone with gold hw yet you can't make this call as usual, it's probably time for you to take the silver!

Personally I feel gold hw on the boy makes it more formal and I feel silver is a better compliment to black boy. Just my two cents

P.S.

The "dent" is very common among boys.

And although I'd love to live in either France or Italy (DH can't stand the fact), from reading the forums and my own experience about supply chain, I know the "made in" doesn't really matter cuz a lot of the parts could be made in countries in China or Turkey with final assembly in France or Italy only so that is not the deciding factor to me IMHO

i would go for the gold actually :smile: i LOVE black and gold, especially in chanel pieces... and something about the rustic gold is magical. when i get a boy bag, it will defo be in gold! and like you, ALL my pieces are in caviar with gold hardware... i simply love it!

i would go for the gold actually :smile: i LOVE black and gold, especially in chanel pieces... and something about the rustic gold is magical. when i get a boy bag, it will defo be in gold! and like you, ALL my pieces are in caviar with gold hardware... i simply love it!

i think i was waiting for this post... lol. going to think about it. i don't want to regret it! even though i feel like i see more black boys with rhw, i'm not sure if it looks good on me. i'll try to post modeling pics later!