Miroir is all hype, not so limited after all...

Aug 4, 2006
i dont know about you guys, but i was just on the phone with an SA, and she said that they are getting a new shipment of miroir stuff. they already sold out of all the stuff, and they are getting new. im 99.999% sure
P.S. is 10 a really bad number on the list? because thats me...

I don't know that they would qualify as all hype. I'm sure it is limited. Anything that is not part of the day to day inventory will eventually become a collectors piece. Even it if it is uglier than sin...like a few of the past pieces have been. Actually think there is hope for this collection...

Actually, the truth is that a store has a certain number that they will be receiving. They are getting a first shipment and then possibly a 2nd one that completes the number of bags they were supposed to receive.

Example:

=Store A= 10 S/G Speedys in all
Dec 1st - 5 Gold Speedies

Dec. 5th - 5 Silver Speedies

DONE

That's how they've explained it to me at EVERY store in NYC - 5th Ave, SoHo, Macy's, Bloomingdales, (even Americana Manhasset & Roosevelt Field Mall)

I don't know that they would qualify as all hype. I'm sure it is limited. Anything that is not part of the day to day inventory will eventually become a collectors piece. Even it if it is uglier than sin...like a few of the past pieces have been. Actually think there is hope for this collection...

:roflmfao:

Personally I think there are other bags that are worse:rolleyes:

I think miroir will sell fast only because the price point is not as high as some other limited editions/lines LV's put out in the past. And because the line IS limited, it WILL be gone eventually! But then there is always let-trade for those who will change their minds and start liking it after the fact!!!:graucho:

my store sold out of pochettes, and they had 6, and they are now getting more. from what others said, it seemed that there would be 6 total. nada. thats it. im glad they are recieveing more than just the one shipment.
its better for the little people :biggrin:

I think miroir will sell fast only because the price point is not as high as some other limited editions/lines LV's put out in the past. And because the line IS limited, it WILL be gone eventually! But then there is always let-trade for those who will change their minds and start liking it after the fact!!!:graucho:

Lol.
And it probably just doesn't seem as limited because a ton of people put their names down for it but not everyone will want it. Judging by the fairly cold reception it's gotten even on here, I think that even if you're pretty far down on the list, you'll end up getting one.
So while it may SEEM like it's not as limited, there probably just aren't as many people buying it (i.e. people who see it in person and decide they don't like it).
So because of that (thank you to all of those who decided you didn't like it!) I should have my Speedy by the end of the weekend :heart:

I talked to the SA at 5th Ave. She said she had 500+ people on the wait list and 30 Speedy's (combined). She said after this one shipment, they're done and that's it. They didn't even put it in the window where I got mine (SoHo) because she said they don't have the ability to do so, given the demand and the impossibly short, limited quantity.

Ya know what's even more limited than the Miroirs?

Me :smile:

Yup Ladies.. Only one me in the whole entire world.. How exclusive is that??

I thought I'd just bring a little humor to this thread.

J