Miradry - Stop Excessive Underam Sweating

Apr 17, 2012
Hello everyone,
I am new to this, excuse me if I posted in wrong thread
I have exchange sweating under my arms, somestimes it gave the bad smell(odor)
I went to my dermatologist. They gave me few medications but it only works for certain times of the day, not permanent.
So I ask them, is there my way to stop the sweat and the odors. They recommend for Miradry. I was wondered if any one had done this before. Does it really work? How is different between Miradry and endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy (ETS) ?
Thank you

I haven't ever had these procedures but when I was younger I did have severe problems with underarm sweating. Not sure if it will work as effectively as Miradry, but have you tried Drysol? It worked very very well for me. It's a product you dab onto your armpits every night before you go to sleep.
Just make sure to follow the directions with the product! It's about $25 where I live. It's in the deodorant section. When I was in my teenage years, and my sweating was extreme I would use the extra strength one every night. Now that I only sweat a bit too much and my skin is more sensitive, I only need to use the mild one once a week.

If your skin is sensitive I would start out by trying the mild version (with the dabber), but make sure you follow the directions! Especially, no shaving the area the same day as you use the drysol.

Hopefully someone who has had those procedures can answer your question though! :smile:

I haven't ever had these procedures but when I was younger I did have severe problems with underarm sweating. Not sure if it will work as effectively as Miradry, but have you tried Drysol? It worked very very well for me. It's a product you dab onto your armpits every night before you go to sleep.
Just make sure to follow the directions with the product! It's about $25 where I live. It's in the deodorant section. When I was in my teenage years, and my sweating was extreme I would use the extra strength one every night. Now that I only sweat a bit too much and my skin is more sensitive, I only need to use the mild one once a week.

If your skin is sensitive I would start out by trying the mild version (with the dabber), but make sure you follow the directions! Especially, no shaving the area the same day as you use the drysol.

Hopefully someone who has had those procedures can answer your question though! :smile:
Hello,
Thank you so much
I had been treated with excessive wetting under my arms for years with dermatologist. First they recommended clinical strength deodorantthen dry soil, but my skin super sensitive. I could not use it.
Then they gave me prescription medication (oxybutynin). Also I don't like to take medication so I asked the doctors suggested another treatment. They recommended Botox and Miradry.
Botox, you have to do every six months and so expensive too.
Miradry is a new technology and permanent too.
I did try Miradry, I think it works

Hello,
Thank you so much
I had been treated with excessive wetting under my arms for years with dermatologist. First they recommended clinical strength deodorantthen dry soil, but my skin super sensitive. I could not use it.
Then they gave me prescription medication (oxybutynin). Also I don't like to take medication so I asked the doctors suggested another treatment. They recommended Botox and Miradry.
Botox, you have to do every six months and so expensive too.
Miradry is a new technology and permanent too.
I did try Miradry, I think it works
Oh I'm so glad the Miradry seems to be working for you. :smile:

My sweating was so awful that I used to have giant dark sweat marks under each armpit within an hour of waking up, so I would always wear sweaters or jackets all day, every day (even when I was very warm) so no one would see. I tried all types of deodorants and antiperspirants (men's and women's). I must have looked so weird to everyone else! :sad:

I was too embarrassed to go to a doctor for excessive sweating when I was a teenager, but luckily I found the Drysol from a random internet search. At the time I could use the Extra strength, but now it's way too strong for my sensitive skin and I can only use the Mild.

I remember the very last time I used the extra strength drysol. It was the night before my highschool graduation. I had shaved my armpits earlier that day but I was so scared of sweating during the pictures the next day, so I used the Drysol anyways and got a chemical burn on my armpits. They hurt so bad and were all red and I was scared to lift my arms all day. It definitely wasn't one of my smartest ideas haha.:roflmfao:

I'm so glad you have found something that works for you though! Excessive underarm sweating is so embarrassing and can make life so difficult!

Oh I'm so glad the Miradry seems to be working for you. :smile:

My sweating was so awful that I used to have giant dark sweat marks under each armpit within an hour of waking up, so I would always wear sweaters or jackets all day, every day (even when I was very warm) so no one would see. I tried all types of deodorants and antiperspirants (men's and women's). I must have looked so weird to everyone else! :sad:

I was too embarrassed to go to a doctor for excessive sweating when I was a teenager, but luckily I found the Drysol from a random internet search. At the time I could use the Extra strength, but now it's way too strong for my sensitive skin and I can only use the Mild.

I remember the very last time I used the extra strength drysol. It was the night before my highschool graduation. I had shaved my armpits earlier that day but I was so scared of sweating during the pictures the next day, so I used the Drysol anyways and got a chemical burn on my armpits. They hurt so bad and were all red and I was scared to lift my arms all day. It definitely wasn't one of my smartest ideas haha.:roflmfao:

I'm so glad you have found something that works for you though! Excessive underarm sweating is so embarrassing and can make life so difficult!
Excessive sweating underarm is so annoying, sometime sweating too much will cause odor too.
You should check out Miradry, FDA approved technology that treat for excessive sweating and odor too.

Excessive sweating underarm is so annoying, sometime sweating too much will cause odor too.
You should check out Miradry, FDA approved technology that treat for excessive sweating and odor too.

Thanks for sharing this info Natalia... I tried the Botox last year, very painful and yes expensive. I only found it to be 60% effective in my case. But the doctor did tell me a more permanent treatment was coming.. So I Wonder if this is what he was talking about. Off to do some research :smile:

Miradry can help with underarm sweating, but it can cause compensatory sweating in other areas...just FYI
I wondered about this. Can't win with the sweating!

Side note: Are there any treatments for perpetually sweaty feet? Or dripping sweat during the summer? I'm in the South now where everyone appears to "glisten" or look dewy and I'm looking like a miserable, soaking wet rat. <--Fun stuff to admit on a public forum!

Side note: Are there any treatments for perpetually sweaty feet? Or dripping sweat during the summer? I'm in the South now where everyone appears to "glisten" or look dewy and I'm looking like a miserable, soaking wet rat. <--Fun stuff to admit on a public forum!

You can try Drysol on your feet at night, and possibly Zeasorb during the day...

Miradry can help with underarm sweating, but it can cause compensatory sweating in other areas...just FYI

I was just told by my doctor, based on current research, that compensatory sweating doesn't occur as they thought. What they have found is that because people no longer have heavy underarm sweating, they begin to notice other areas which had always been active areas. I hope I explained that right. So basically, your body is not producing more sweat, it is just that it is now more noticable to you. :smile:

Your brain, which controls how much you sweat, does not know that your sweat glads have been destroyed because it sends signals through your nervous system in your underarms. Miradry does not effect the nerves so the brain can and still does send the same signals to produce sweat. Just you no longer can :cool:

I had to answer a lot of questions about how my body sweats, when, where and how much etc so they can add this to their research.

Anyway, I am having this procedure in 2 weeks and I can't wait. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I was just told by my doctor, based on current research, that compensatory sweating doesn't occur as they thought. What they have found is that because people no longer have heavy underarm sweating, they begin to notice other areas which had always been active areas. I hope I explained that right. So basically, your body is not producing more sweat, it is just that it is now more noticable to you. :smile:

Your brain, which controls how much you sweat, does not know that your sweat glads have been destroyed because it sends signals through your nervous system in your underarms. Miradry does not effect the nerves so the brain can and still does send the same signals to produce sweat. Just you no longer can :cool:

I had to answer a lot of questions about how my body sweats, when, where and how much etc so they can add this to their research.

Anyway, I am having this procedure in 2 weeks and I can't wait. :biggrin:

That is what I meant about compensatory sweating...it is sweating in already active areas...I've performed Miradry many times ;)