MINKIE CHAT THREAD ..... Let's chat! (4)

This came up as an ad and I kind of like it. Ugh lol

Reactions: Shelby33
Good morning (or should I say afternoon?) ladies! It's 1pm where I am. lol :giggle:

I just woke up not too long ago. This is my first weekend after three weeks of working all throughout the week.. I cancelled all my appointments and plans today, I want to just doing NOTHING! (Besides be on TPF of course.)

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!
That's just the kind of Saturday I'm having....it's a gloomy day and it makes me not want to leave the house. I just finished showering a 1/2 hr ago and did my makeup for the day and it's just after 5:00 pm on the east coast. :lol: I did do 2 loads of laundry and I'm going through some clothes to see what I can consign, etc. Sometimes when I get new stuff it makes me want to get rid of old stuff that I've worn a bunch of times...like, ok, I'm ready for a new wardrobe-lol!

That's just the kind of Saturday I'm having....it's a gloomy day and it makes me not want to leave the house. I just finished showering a 1/2 hr ago and did my makeup for the day and it's just after 5:00 pm on the east coast. :lol: I did do 2 loads of laundry and I'm going through some clothes to see what I can consign, etc. Sometimes when I get new stuff it makes me want to get rid of old stuff that I've worn a bunch of times...like, ok, I'm ready for a new wardrobe-lol!
so do you put on makeup just for yourself (or your DH) if you're not going anywhere? I don't. If I'm running to the drugstore or someting quick I may put on brows. If I'm going somewhere where I care more - like a dept store or doctors appointment - I will put on full makeup.

• Haha
Reactions: JenJBS and Antonia
so do you put on makeup just for yourself (or your DH) if you're not going anywhere? I don't. If I'm running to the drugstore or someting quick I may put on brows. If I'm going somewhere where I care more - like a dept store or doctors appointment - I will put on full makeup.
I do it for me, so I feel good about myself-lol! I wear make up 365 days a year. Sometimes I might skip lipstick but that's about it!

Reactions: JenJBS and Shelby33
No make up today! I don’t do it daily but I’ll do it even if I’m just staying home it makes me feel better being put together. laundry today too. I hate all my clothes but maybe 6 pieces. Can’t wait to one day go shopping again. I hate clothes mainly I feel like I need to dress my age and I feel like there is no brands I really love for my age at 44. Maybe I just haven't accepted my age yet lol Brands are probably out there I could love I just haven’t found them yet. I love bags because they will always fit no matter what :smile:

No make up today! I don’t do it daily but I’ll do it even if I’m just staying home it makes me feel better being put together. laundry today too. I hate all my clothes but maybe 6 pieces. Can’t wait to one day go shopping again. I hate clothes mainly I feel like I need to dress my age and I feel like there is no brands I really love for my age at 44. Maybe I just haven't accepted my age yet lol Brands are probably out there I could love I just haven’t found them yet. I love bags because they will always fit no matter what :smile:
I'm older than you and I don't really let it bother me too much as far as clothes. I basically wear jeans and black tops most of the time.
I decided I'd like to try to find a pair of grey or off black jeans. went to TJ maxx and they had a pair that were a maybe. After searching and finding the jeans and a top, I found out the fitting rooms were closed. I haven't been in the mood to shop and when I finally decide to try, it's a fail. I won't buy jeans w/o trying on.
I did get a cute black jean jacket/hoody at the Levis store a couple of weeks ago. probably too young for me but my hair covers the hood.

I know what you mean about dressing for your age....I'm older than you but I don't FEEL my age...however...I'm not going to go shopping at the 'young' stores like F21 and I try to avoid the Jrs. dept. at Marshall's. Sometimes the Misses section is too 'old' for me. I love shopping on Vici Collection for fun and casual stuff and I love Zara for more cutting edge style. Both are very affordable. There's a local boutique in my town that sells clothes very similar to Vici and I do shop them too so I can support my local businesses. Then for designer clothes, I shop The Real Real and local consignment shops. Sometimes I cannot believe the deals I get from those places...it's insane! Vici Collection always has a 20% off promo code and it's fun clothes...I think you might like it. Some things are geared to the young (like mini dresses) but most of the other things are for women of all ages. :tup:

I know what you mean about dressing for your age....I'm older than you but I don't FEEL my age...however...I'm not going to go shopping at the 'young' stores like F21 and I try to avoid the Jrs. dept. at Marshall's. Sometimes the Misses section is too 'old' for me. I love shopping on Vici Collection for fun and casual stuff and I love Zara for more cutting edge style. Both are very affordable. There's a local boutique in my town that sells clothes very similar to Vici and I do shop them too so I can support my local businesses. Then for designer clothes, I shop The Real Real and local consignment shops. Sometimes I cannot believe the deals I get from those places...it's insane! Vici Collection always has a 20% off promo code and it's fun clothes...I think you might like it. Some things are geared to the young (like mini dresses) but most of the other things are for women of all ages. :tup:
<hanging head in shame>. I love me some tie dye!

That’s it!! I don’t feel my age I don’t want to shop at the young stores lol. I just want to look a little edgy but appropriate. Basics that look nice and well put together with my bag :smile: Stylist is what I need ha ha. Thank you I’ll definitely check out your suggestions. Anyone else feel free to make any :smile:

I've gotten some things at a local consignment shop too.. designer jeans are usually around $30. I've gotten at least one pair and some tops and my Bal City there