MINKIE CHAT THREAD ..... Let's chat! (4)

The thing I'm afraid of is the 60 mph hour winds, we had a tree fall on the house a few years ago.
And Roscoe won't be ok if we lose power, he's so afraid of the dark and won't understand.
Hoping I won't have to deal with either.
You'll be in my thoughts Shelby! :hugs: I think we're getting some rain but we're on the other side so no snow (at least I don't think!).

The thing I'm afraid of is the 60 mph hour winds, we had a tree fall on the house a few years ago.
And Roscoe won't be ok if we lose power, he's so afraid of the dark and won't understand.
Hoping I won't have to deal with either.
hope you and your family will be ok....according to that forecast, it's coming very soon now

how's it going with the storm?
It's raining ice balls right now which I have never seen before. Wind gusts have been increased to 60 mph, that will happen tonight. I bought a ton of battery operated candles etc, he's just turned five but with the autism he doesn't understand things like the power going out, he is afraid of the dark but I'm going to try to make it fun. Got him some toys in case we do lose power to distract him a bit. He can always sleep with me if he's scared.
Thanks for asking :hugs:

• Sad
Reactions: JenJBS and Antonia
do you have any battery powered candles you could light?
Yes I bought a bunch, and there is a battery operated sconce in his room, and I have string lights that run on batteries. It's just that when things change he has a tough time. He will want the hall light on because that's the light that's always on. He'll be ok, we will try to make it fun!

Reactions: sdkitty