Minkettes, What Beauty products do you love?

If you have oily skin I would not go for the face cream, I have heard it gives people breakouts if they have oily skin. That being said I have combo skin and I use their eye cream. It is by far the priciest beauty item I own (130 for a tiny jar) but I swear this stuff is miracle cream and it lasts forever. It has completely gotten rid of my dark circles and made my skin much firmer. I have heard the face wash and toner are wonderful also but I have never tried them.

NARS The Multiple is a great all over color stick.
L'Occitane's shea butter is a life saver for super dry skin.
Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals make up is THE BEST!!!
Any Lancome mascara is perfection.
Decleor's face oils are pure indulgence. I love their skin care for winter.

St Ives Apricot Scrub
Lancome foundation and blush
Neutrogena mineral powder, mascara, and mineral sheers for eyelids
L'oreal shampoo and Aussie conditioner
Redken Smooth Down and Paul Mitchell Spray (both which seem to last foreverrrr)

I LOVE Chanel lip glossimers but have recently been trying to give them up in an overall ban I have cast on myself. I like Chanel Lilac Sky nail polish, but it fades very easily!!!

kate, I love St. Ives apricot face scrub. I have used it since H.S. and I know I will still be using it years to come. When I thought it was being discontinued (they were just re-styling it) I bought 10 tubes of it, lol.

Ooooh great thread! :tup: I am a product junkie and have tried almost everything. MAC used to be my favorite makeup line but I am a total Mary Kay convert. (2 of my aunts are top directors) Their Timewise Age Fighting skincare line is awesome and my new favorite is their new minerals makeup line.

Umm, no offense to my wonderful Minkettes, but doesn't this thread really belong in The Beauty Bar?
There are tons of wonderful ladies who would love to chat with you about what beauty products you use.

Last edited:
^^Actually, if you check other bag boards there are quite a few that have a thread of this type:yes:. I love the beauty bar though for general discussion and when I have a question.:heart:

tater, great thread! Like many of you all I am a beauty product fanatic!

Dermalogica special cleanser, active moist, eye creams with SPF, anything oil control...the best!
(Hint: if you want a price break on this stuff, try dermstore.com...register with them and start a "favorites" list. Whatever you put on that list is automatically 10% off, and everything is always mailed to you for free! Great CS!)
Bobbi Brown lip gloss (warm peach, nectarine) and Three Custom colors lip gloss in Trae´s Favorite = my HG, plus the warm lip gloss palette and eye shadows are killer)
Tarte gel blush in Bronze Goddess and Natural
Cleu de Peau concealer in ochre
Klorane, Phyto and Pureology shampoos and conditioners (anything for dark, needs-its-own-zip-code hair, ha ha)
butter London nail polishes and cuticle remover (Come to Bed Red is the best color! I also love Essie´s Jackie Oh My for hands)
Mario Badescu´s summer shine body lotion is great, along with L´Occitane cream for extra dry skin (I have to use both...my face is an oil well, but my legs and arms are lizard-like, for reals)
Longacils Bonza cake mascara in black, Maybelline clear mascara to control my crazy brows
My newest find: Cargo Eyelighter in White. Great for making me look as though I actually sleep. :nuts:
I am not much of a heavy perfume person (makes me sneeze), but I do like Bobbi Brown Bath and Roger & Gallet original, plus Annick Goutal Eau du Sud

i use to use a lot of the expensive face products for my acne... but i've come to terms that NONE of it helps my skin.

SO now i use apricot scrub to wash my face, AND clean and clear ultra light moisturizer, and my face has completely cleared up!!

As far as make up- i love chanel everything! glossimers, eyeshadow, prolumiere foundation... and i also use bare escentuals as well.

Umm, no offense to my wonderful Minkettes, but doesn't this thread really belong in The Beauty Bar?
There are tons of wonderful ladies who would love to chat with you about what beauty products you use.

Thank you for getting a thread we all enjoyed on our board (that many other boards have also) and getting it removed. CONGRATS!!@!@