Mink coat size

horse17

Little princess
Jan 25, 2012
So, I have found that a couple of my coats are a bit tight this year....when I purchased them last year, I didn't really try them with heavy sweaters, as I usually wear them when I go out...dressy tops etc....now they are tight with sweaters..just when I button them in front, not the arms....

..I can move the clasps on one of them as there is room, but my full length mink there is less room.....I plan on bringing them to a furrier, but I'm concerned about my full length....has anyone ever gotten creative with a tight fur coat?....do they ever add a pelt to give room?....

Dec 29, 2005
So, I have found that a couple of my coats are a bit tight this year....when I purchased them last year, I didn't really try them with heavy sweaters, as I usually wear them when I go out...dressy tops etc....now they are tight with sweaters..just when I button them in front, not the arms....

..I can move the clasps on one of them as there is room, but my full length mink there is less room.....I plan on bringing them to a furrier, but I'm concerned about my full length....has anyone ever gotten creative with a tight fur coat?....do they ever add a pelt to give room?....
Yes it is quite easy for them too add pelts to change the sizes I think. For older furs that have not been cared for well my furrier said that taking those type of pelts apart can be risky - they might not stand up to it. Well cared for pelts or ones that are only 10 years or so old - I think should be fine.

horse17

Little princess
Jan 25, 2012
Yes it is quite easy for them too add pelts to change the sizes I think. For older furs that have not been cared for well my furrier said that taking those type of pelts apart can be risky - they might not stand up to it. Well cared for pelts or ones that are only 10 years or so old - I think should be fine.
Great..thx for the info...mine is only three years old And I love it... actually just went to a furrier and they told me adding pelts is very common..I hope it comes out good!