Minimum age for different procedures

You don't need parental consent at the age of 19, which is the age of adulthood in Korea. You need parental consent for any procedure if you're underage. Honestly though, most clinics will take your word on how old you are and won't check your ID/password.

You don't need parental consent at the age of 19, which is the age of adulthood in Korea. You need parental consent for any procedure if you're underage. Honestly though, most clinics will take your word on how old you are and won't check your ID/password.
Really though? I've heard of people who had surgery in Seoul and who were under 19 before and they didn't need parental consent. Doesn't it depend on the clinic? (Morals and all) I'm pretty sure a lot of clinics don't really care as long as you're not really young (under 17/16 years old or so).

i'm on the same boat as you, i think. cause i was considering fc and nose, but the hospital i consulted with assured me that even though im older than 18 ( im 19) it really depends on whether or not my bone has matured enough to be cut up. makes sense. and like what @Jojoyes said "morals and all" i think its right cause places that dont care will just take you without question and just bag your money imo

i'm on the same boat as you, i think. cause i was considering fc and nose, but the hospital i consulted with assured me that even though im older than 18 ( im 19) it really depends on whether or not my bone has matured enough to be cut up. makes sense. and like what @Jojoyes said "morals and all" i think its right cause places that dont care will just take you without question and just bag your money imo

Did they mention which test you have to do to know if bone is matured enough?

Did they mention which test you have to do to know if bone is matured enough?
I didn't ask but something to do with checking to see if my bone has matured enough and my bone mass or density or whatever. but it seems true tho cause even when you look as people age, their bone structure continues to change as they age. i guess they just wanna be certainand all

Really though? I've heard of people who had surgery in Seoul and who were under 19 before and they didn't need parental consent. Doesn't it depend on the clinic? (Morals and all) I'm pretty sure a lot of clinics don't really care as long as you're not really young (under 17/16 years old or so).

Haha did I say password? I meant passport.

Plastic surgery is a common practice and it's not considered 'morally wrong' for young ones to get something done. It's less about morals, and it's more on the type of surgery. For example, since double eyelid surgery is so common and considered 'simple' and 'safe' procedure, MAYBE you can get away without parental consent.

But for surgeries that involve bone and whatnot, the clinics will ask for your age. Like I said though, they don't check your age and just take your word for it.

I think it also has to do with if you're a foreigner or a local. Couple of my cousins in Korea got their eyes and nose done a couple years ago but needed their parents with them. My older cousin who lives in the US got facial contouring couple months ago and they asked her how old she was (she was 20) but was never asked to see her ID/passport.