Minilisa vs. Sex Bomb

lovebaseball

Jun 18, 2008
Okay here's my dilemma... I'm trying to decide between a truffle Minilisa or a truffle Sex Bomb. I don't have any brown bags so I definitely need one or the other. I've got the French Nanny that I love a lot so I'm pretty sure size wise either the Minilisa or the SB would work for me. I'm only 5'4 so I didn't want a bag that was too big, plus I don't carry a ton of stuff either. I keep going back and forth between the two so I appeal to you Tano-ites haha What do you ladies (and Rey!) think?

Minilisa has 1 strap, SB's got 2. Not sure if the double straps stay on the shoulder.

Another thing to consider, one's got silver hardware as where the other has antique brass hardware. Two very different looks, IMO. If you wear both silver and gold toned jewelry, I think the brass will work better. The velvet version Little Red... has got brass hardware.

Minilisa has two exterior zip pockets as where SB has two front magnetic pockets?

The overall look of the Minilisa in truffle is more uptown chic vs. downtown cool of SB.

I think they're different enough for you to get both!

I love both bags, I own both bags (two of each but none in truffle). The truffle sexbomb will be easier to get your hands on than a truffle minilisa. If you want a truffle minilisa you might have to call up MHB and see if you can preorder one for the November delivery (they are only getting like 12 or something though!!! so preordering is absolutely necessary if they're not all spoken for already). That said... if you like the sexbomb, perhaps get that since you won't stress yourself out trying to find it? I prefer carrying my minilisa because I have big arms and the strap is more comfy but both are GREAT!

I just got a truffle sexbomb and I absolutely love it. Both straps stay on my shoulder without any problems. I ordered a minilisa and sent it back because I didn't like the brass hardware but that's JMO. good luck deciding!

I love Sex Bombs....I've never considered one, tho, cos I don't get the impression that it'd be a comfortable shoulder bag.

Lovebaseball...which one are you going to get??? :P

Okay clearly my holdout didn't last long... I called MHB today and pre-ordered a truffle minilisa! :graucho: I figure that way I know I'll be able to get one and if I change my mind I can cancel the order. I'm not crazy about the brass hardware but I'm hoping that in person it will grow on me and if not oh well I'll have to trade her in for a SB with silver hardware! I figure everybody wins because if I'm not in love with the minilisa it will go to someone who does love her... and the MHB tPF discount helped sweeten the deal to make a choice, haha.

Heres how I feel =] (thanks for asking btw!)

I feel that both bags are really great bags of course, but in brown I think I would go for the Minilisa, since it has brass hw. I prefer Tanos truffle brown with brass hw! I think the silver sometimes is too stark against the brown, since the Sex Bomb has a lot of silver on it, its just a lil much for me. Although very nice! If anything.. I would get that brown sexbomb on ebay with brass hardware! That bag is gorgeous!!!!!

Ultimately to me right now, it just depends what kind of metals you wear more, silver/white or gold?

Hope that helps!

Yay, 'Baseball!!!! Can't wait for you to get her and post pics!

REY: Good point on the Sex Bomb's hardware. It's 'blinged' out compare do the ML. :yes:

You're right the hardware is much more noticable on the sex bomb, good call. And of course I need your opinion Rey haha you're a Tano Addict like the rest of us :yes:
Voodoo- I can't wait to be able to post the pics! Haha if only it were November, ugh!
Is it weird we're all stalking around this thread posting every few minutes? I'm kind of into it hahah

You're right the hardware is much more noticable on the sex bomb, good call. And of course I need your opinion Rey haha you're a Tano Addict like the rest of us :yes:
Voodoo- I can't wait to be able to post the pics! Haha if only it were November, ugh!
Is it weird we're all stalking around this thread posting every few minutes? I'm kind of into it hahah

Naw, dahlin..... it just mean's yer one of us... :hugs:

TygerKitty - please take no offense at this, but since you mentioned your arms in the above post regarding the SB... I am perhaps 25 pounds overweight, plus I am a lap swimmer, so my upper arms are also on the, what's the word you use, "fluffy" side as well! I actually ordered a SB and found even on the last set of holes the fit is a bit snug. And that's with just a light shirt on, so I sent it back. Yet no one else seems to mention this, and the SB has such a huge following, I don't get it! Is it just us :confused1:

Honestly, I think the Sex Bomb looks best held on the crook of the arm.. thats how I would def wear that bag.. some bags are tight on me tooo so dont worry guys!

Wats' makes a great point though, if you love shoulder bags and need a little extra room then the Minilisa might be the best fit.

Either way you'll be happy ;P

(so wait, the SB has adjustable handles? I would put it at the shortest to make it strictly handheld)