Minilisa vs. Sex Bomb

TygerKitty - please take no offense at this, but since you mentioned your arms in the above post regarding the SB... I am perhaps 25 pounds overweight, plus I am a lap swimmer, so my upper arms are also on the, what's the word you use, "fluffy" side as well! I actually ordered a SB and found even on the last set of holes the fit is a bit snug. And that's with just a light shirt on, so I sent it back. Yet no one else seems to mention this, and the SB has such a huge following, I don't get it! Is it just us :confused1:

Ha no offense at all... I've always had big arms (first when I was a gymnast and now again in a different way cause I'm "fluffy") lol. I think some ladies just carry this on the arm too cause of the evil 2-strap curse. I do love the sexbomb though... I mean, afterall, I do own her in red AND black! lol! I just don't wear her on my shoulder unless my arm gets tired or I need both hands. It's definitely my only complaint about the sexbomb, I mean seriously... like ONE inch (ok maybe 2) longer and I'd be perfectly fine. Who knows... I think some ladies here are just tiny ;) and that's okay!

Honestly, I think the Sex Bomb looks best held on the crook of the arm.. thats how I would def wear that bag.. some bags are tight on me tooo so dont worry guys!

Wats' makes a great point though, if you love shoulder bags and need a little extra room then the Minilisa might be the best fit.

Either way you'll be happy ;P

(so wait, the SB has adjustable handles? I would put it at the shortest to make it strictly handheld)

Yep, SB has adjustable handles BUT if you try to put it on the longest setting, the rings on the front straps make it almost impossible. Shortening them is quite easy though :tup:.. I should shorten them when I use it on the crook of my arm, then it wouldn't hang quite as low; thanks for the reminder Rey!

I prefer the look of the sexbomb in the crook of the arm. It gets that little slouch toward the middle. This is one bag I plan on fondling next week.

Fondling eh? I guess that is what we'd do to a Sex Bomb ;]

I really wouldnt mind one in Pom. My bf would think its too "pursey" but its funny.. because IT IS A PURSE! (sorry needed to vent)

I have both styles and cannot say that one is better than the other. The single strap of the minilisa is nice because you don't have to deal with the 2-handled curse. I LOVE the side gathers of the sex bomb and prefer the magnetic opening of it to the zipper. Both are deceptively big (they are considered medium sized bags but hold a ton!) Both have outside pockets and the comfort level is about the same for me. I wasn't totally crazy about the rings on the front of the SB but now I actually kind of like them, just as the brass hardware of the minilisa has grown on me.

See, I just bypass the issue and have both styles (in different colors of course!).

I have both styles and cannot say that one is better than the other. The single strap of the minilisa is nice because you don't have to deal with the 2-handled curse. I LOVE the side gathers of the sex bomb and prefer the magnetic opening of it to the zipper. Both are deceptively big (they are considered medium sized bags but hold a ton!) Both have outside pockets and the comfort level is about the same for me. I wasn't totally crazy about the rings on the front of the SB but now I actually kind of like them, just as the brass hardware of the minilisa has grown on me.

See, I just bypass the issue and have both styles (in different colors of course!).[/quote]

Ditto... two of each for me lol

I have both bags and wear both on my shoulder. And I'm considerably more overweight than others have mentioned. :shrugs:

I think the Sex Bomb rocks in colors. I think of mine as an accent bag, rather than an everyday bag. My Minilisa, though, is definitely an everyday bag, and I would get that in truffle if I didn't already have a truffle Boogie (another great everyday bag). But both the SB and the Minilisa are great bags!

HI, I have the grape sexbomb and the blueberry minilsa the sexbomb stayes on your shoulder and has great pocket space. The strange thing about the sexbomb is about 3 years a go I bought the same exact bag in brown at a bebe store did Tano copy that design?

Given that Bebe doesn't specialize in handbags, I'd say the opposite was true. Bebe makes a lot of designer-inspired bags. Take a look at their selection right now, there are bags that look like very much like Marc Jacobs, MBMJ, Coach and even Hayden-Harnett.

Last edited: