Minilisa or Carte Blanche?

tesmama

Sep 5, 2008
I am returning my purple KOOBA as it is discoloring in less than a week. I LOVE it but for $700 (w/ tax) I can not imagine what it will look like after a few months. I went thru all the other brands on this forum and was impressed with how people feel about TANO. Then I looked at the bags and could not believe the style and price. I know it will not be the butter-like quality of my KOOBA but I it doesn't look like I will be disappointed with TANO.

I want to replace my purple KOOBA with a purple TANO with brass. My two favorites are the Minilisa and Carte Blanche. Does anyone have any advice for me. I think I am going to order thru Must Have Bag and use the discount. (Super cool and there is no tax!!)

I also live in NJ and MT. Kisco is only less than one hour away.( I actually bought my wedding dress there) I read about the sidewalk sale. Is there a store in Mt. Kisco or only at special times (Sidewalk and Warehouse sales???)

I am soo happy to have found this site. :yahoo:

I am returning my purple KOOBA as it is discoloring in less than a week. I LOVE it but for $700 (w/ tax) I can not imagine what it will look like after a few months. I went thru all the other brands on this forum and was impressed with how people feel about TANO. Then I looked at the bags and could not believe the style and price. I know it will not be the butter-like quality of my KOOBA but I it doesn't look like I will be disappointed with TANO.

I want to replace my purple KOOBA with a purple TANO with brass. My two favorites are the Minilisa and Carte Blanche. Does anyone have any advice for me. I think I am going to order thru Must Have Bag and use the discount. (Super cool and there is no tax!!)

I also live in NJ and MT. Kisco is only less than one hour away.( I actually bought my wedding dress there) I read about the sidewalk sale. Is there a store in Mt. Kisco or only at special times (Sidewalk and Warehouse sales???)

I am soo happy to have found this site. :yahoo:

Welcome to the Tano Forum. You will find we are a nice bunch here.
I was a Coach Girl but their prices are out of control and their quality
has gone down. I am a Tano Convert.

Tano does not sell through their own store. You need to buy through a retailer. Tano does have two sales per year. Sidewalk Sale in September and the Warehouse Sale -first week of December. I will post the dates as we get closer to it. I plan on going.

I would get the Minilisa bag in Grape as it is going quickly. The Minilisa is a re-issue which Tano did due to popular demand and you probably won't see it again. I would get a bag in Velvet Leather -smooshier leather later on. There are more styles coming out in Tano for Holiday Delivery - 10/30 - 11/30 and you might want to pre-order one of these styles once you give the Minilisa a Trial run. Lot's of ladies here have the Minilisa and they love her. You will find that the Tano Bags are more Casual bags but that they wear very well and the styles can't be beat. Check link below to bags Must Have Bag will have for late Fall Delivery.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/musthavebag/

Welcome, tesmama!! I'm glad you found this site too!

:tpfrox:

Both of your choices are amazing bags...but very, very different. The Minilisa is in crunch leather. The Carte Blanche is in velvet leather. The velvet leather is new for F'08. Crunch leather is Tano's 'standard' leather.

Crunch is a shiny, hand stained leather that stands up extremely well to wear. It is extremely easy to maintain.

No one on tPF has a velvet leather bag as they have just hit the street. The leather is supposed to be like it's name.... soft and smooshy and divine.

Let us know what you choose! I heartily support your choice to shop at MHB (it's the only place I buy my Tano's).

If you're used to Kooba...I would think the Velvet leather may be better for you, which you can get in the Carte Blanche. I do like the crunch leather, I have two bags in it, but it's not smooshy per say, it's a little different.

I don't have the velvet leather YET, but my bag is in route lol, so when I will get it I will post a review.

I think there was a poster, who already has the LRC which is velvet. Maybe you can PM her for details.

Being new to TANO I have a question: What is a LRC? Many people refer to this handbag. I just do not know which one it is. Thanks!

It stands for Little Red Chevette. It's the velvet version bag of the Sex Bomb shape (which is crunch).

One thing that takes a little while to get used to with Tano is that there are TONS of bags compared to other brands...and they all have wild and fun sounding names and sometimes the name even changes if the bag is made same style, but different leather.

Some of the most popular styles you may hear are Boogie Bucket, Sex Bomb, Minilisa, The Romantic. But the list goes on and on and on with options.

The LRC and Carte Blanche are getting a lot of forum time right now because they are made with the new leather and everyone is excited/curious.

The Minilisa is also very hot hot hot right now cause it was a reissue and may be the last chance to get one.

Last edited:
I was going to order the Minilisa in grape last night. I waited to ask everyone some more ?s and now it is too late. I will have to wait until the end of the month. :< Well now I can do more research.

Welcome welcome welcome! I just posted on your other thread too... yes it can be crazy over here on the tano forums because of all the bags, all the leathers and all the colors!

I see that MHB doesn't have the grape minilisa in stock anymore... either email them if they are going to receive more of them otherwise it's still available at ThatsOurBag.com and you would get free shipping.
http://www.thatsourbag.com/search.htm

I personally would go for the Minilisa because I just love that style. But if a softer, smooshier leather is a higher priority a velvet leather bag might be better. I just love the Minilisa though....I'm trying to figure out a way to get another one, lol.

I do have a Grape Boogie and must tell you the color will definitely not disappoint.

ThatsOurBag sometimes has a 10% discount but not always. They always have free shipping over $100.

MustHaveBag used to price match and now they give TPF members a 10% discount and free shipping.

Hmmmmmmmmm how many tanos do I have....
lawn amanda playwith
dandelion baby daddy
black sexbomb
tango red sexbomb
raspberry minilisa
grape minilisa
blueprint blue vixen van go go
scuba green pinto bag
white/silver behind the seen
pool french nanny
pearl streetwalker
pastel blue miss whoever you r
military green lost art
grape up close and personal (Undecided still)

I think that's all of them so 14! Holy crapola that's a lot of new bags in just a few months (I got my first in May!).

I do love tanos! And I can afford them but holy cow that's like 3/month... I didn't realize how crazy I went! :shame:

I have a big Coach collection but their prices are going up and I can't afford most of them anymore unless they make it to the outlet. I have three dooney pieces (two purses and one wristlet) and then oodles of other random tote bags, handbags, etc. I also adore Chanel and the look of the RM nikki too but I can't afford them (I'd rather have 3 tanos than one RM nikki).

Hmmmmmmmmm how many tanos do I have....
lawn amanda playwith
dandelion baby daddy
black sexbomb
tango red sexbomb
raspberry minilisa
grape minilisa
blueprint blue vixen van go go
scuba green pinto bag
white/silver behind the seen
pool french nanny
pearl streetwalker
pastel blue miss whoever you r
military green lost art
grape up close and personal (Undecided still)

I think that's all of them so 14! Holy crapola that's a lot of new bags in just a few months (I got my first in May!).

:wtf: ..... :faint:

I remember you telling me you had a "few" - but .... I never realized you had 14!! wow!!