Minilisa and New Leathers

Jane917

O.G.
Dec 17, 2007
My ruby Social Primer isn't even delivered, and I am already searching for that next bag! As I prepare for Fall, I realize I do not have a black bag. The minilisa is catching my eye because it is monochromatic and doesn't seem to be TOO big. Does anyone know how lux leather differs from crunch? Will the minilisa come out in any different leather later in the Fall? Although MHB does not have a black minilisa in stock, I could fall for the smoke. Most importantly, Voo, have you the lux leather yet?:cutesy:

^^I don't have lux ... yet. But from what I understand caramel is supposed to be what lux is most like and I do have a caramel Shopper. She's gorgeous...the leather still has that classic Crunch smell but she's softer than my other Crunch bags.

The rumor I've heard is these Minilisa's that MHB has is it. They were cut to order for MHB and they aren't bringing the style back.

That being said...even tho there's no black either smoke or espresso is DIVINE in my hot sports opinion.

Do we know if the 4 fall Minilisa colors that are exclusive to MHB is lux or crunch?? Ahhh...according to MHB it is lux...so Lovebaseball should be able to report on her smoke minilisa arriving next week...

Jane...did you notice the Lady Raga comes in black...that is kind of like the minilisa!

I have not purchased any Tano bags, but some have caught my eye in which I'm interested. Would any of you be able to tell me if these bags tend to be heavy? I'm a BalGal through and through, but have purchased other bags, as well. Just want to know how the weight of the Tano compares to the Balenciaga.

Thoughts? I'd appreciate your opinions... :smile:

I have not purchased any Tano bags, but some have caught my eye in which I'm interested. Would any of you be able to tell me if these bags tend to be heavy? I'm a BalGal through and through, but have purchased other bags, as well. Just want to know how the weight of the Tano compares to the Balenciaga.

Hi Monsoon, Welcome to Tano! I do not have a Balenciaga, but I appreciate Tano for their light weight leather. If you want a comparison, musthavebag.com posts the weight of each Tano bag in the description. Hope this helps!

:welcome2:, Monsoon! We are happy to have you!

Actually, the lightness of Tanos is one of the first things (besides the slammin' colors :sunnies) that drew me to them! I have zero tolerance for heavy bags!

Monsoon Welcome! Liz may be able to help you as she has several Bal bags...but I echo everyone else in saying all the ones I own are very lightweight.

I have shoulder pain with heavy bags, and have really enjoyed the light weight of my Tanos. They are a life saver in that regard. As much as I have loved the style of some of my heavier bags (MJ comes to mind) in the past, I have had to give them up. My poor little shoulders couldn't take it. Tanos are wonderful!

I am looking forward to the first reviews of Lux -- since it sounds like it will be the cool aunt of crunch... more sophisticated and easy going :smile:

Monsoon, I came from MJ world where the bags and colors are beautiful... and I am a sucker for the suede lining... but they are HEAVY! I mean I don't carry much stuff and I was starting to notice pains (and I'm young!). Then I found Tano... similar beautiful saturated colors... some classic looks, some edgy styles... and the leather is so usable because it's not as fussy as others I've had (read: easier to maintain).

And I've been hooked ever since. :smile:

Welcome, monsoon!
I think I can answer your question becuase I have two BBags (a twiggy and first). I think the weights are comparable, when the bags are unstuffed. The Tanos that I have are a lot bigger than the Bbags that I have. My Boogie has the most hardware of all of my bags, and it is still surprisingly light -- even when stuffed to the gills. I think the french nanny is the lightest bag that I own and would probably compare to the weight of the twiggy or first (unstuffed).

I have back pain and was carrying Vera Bradley for a while for that reason. When I took my first Tano (a Boogie Bucket) out of the box, I was thrilled that it is was so lightweight and I was able to carry a leather bag again.