Mini Vintage Restoration Project Results

1. Megs and I welcomed our baby boy earlier this month and wanted to share the news with the TPF community. Come say hello to Baby Vaughn!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all! I was lucky enough to have a 1980's Coach Willis/ Station bag passed down to me by mom. This bag has a lot of sentimental meaning to Mr and I really wanted to give it some new life by cleaning it up and I just thought I'd share some before and after photos with everyone :smile:

1467835544116.jpg 1467835560835.jpg 1467835573041.jpg
    BeachBagGal likes this.
  2. Here are the after shots! I know the difference is only a little subtle, but I will say it looks a lot better now than it did before and I took a lot of dirt and grime off of it! The leather is so soft by the way, companies don't make bags like these anymore!

1467835696155.jpg 1467835710816.jpg 1467835725472.jpg 1467835736773.jpg
  3. I can completely see the difference. Wow. How did you restore it?

4. Nice job! You might want to post in the Rehab club too!

To clarify, this was called a station bag, never a mini Willis. The style is older than Willis. Willis has a dowel.

5. Oh, I really see a difference! It's beautiful, even more so with the sentiment attached. Enjoy~

I call it collecting!

6. Just used some stride rite leather cleaner with water and went over it with a damp cloth! Then I used leather protector on it! I didn't want to do too much to it, as I want to preserve it in its natural state

Thank you, I never knew that there was a difference between the two, as I'm a bit lacking on my Coach knowledge. I will definitely repost in the rehab club as well, as I didn't know this existed on here either :smile: thank you!

Thank you very much! I really love the fact that it was my mom's and that it was one of the made in USA bags. I'm grateful to have it in my bag collection ;)

7. Wow, your bag is beautiful. Good job!

8. Wow, that's great. I am just about to do mine as well. It is older than sin, but still absolutely fine, just a little thirsty. One of my first nice bags, and I was just a little older than my daughter is now!

9. Thank you so very much! I've been taking it out quite a bit recently!

That's fantastic, I can't wait to see the results of your project as well :smile: they were really fantastic back in that day and age (albeit I love some of the new designs too)!