Mini-Tragedy: Ink stains on my grey Botkier Sophie from eBay!

bagatella

Jul 28, 2007
Ugh, I just got my grey small Sophie satchel in the mail today and it had two ink stains on it! I don't think they were there when the seller listed it, but I noticed she blocked out the price on the tag with a ballpoint pen! The bag was then put in the dustbag and shipped in a Priority Tyvek mailer, not in a box! So I think that is when the ink transfer happened!

What should I do? Are there any ways to safely remove ink stains from a light colored bag?:crybaby:

How bloody CARELESS. Sorry, but that's just unacceptable. I've sold bags on Ebay and let me tell you....they arrive PRISTINE. And I pack them in tissue and bubblewrap.....Ugh.

Ok....try "hairspray"....sounds "effing" bizarre, but spray some on a damp cloth and lightly rub to remove the stain. It won't work on suede, but should remove it on leather.

Then, treat it IMMEDIATELY with an oil, or leather protectant.

Let us know how it goes....BUT I would contact the seller and let her know regardless.

That is just plain careless on the seller's part. I would contact her immediately before trying to treat the ink stain. Let us know what happens : ) So sorry this happened to you. If she gets nasty with you, I would file "item not described" dispute.

I've read that spraying hairspray on inkstains can be a recipe for disaster. Don't do it. I'd ask for a refund. I bought a bag on ebay that arrived with inkstains and I was never able to get them out.

I've read that spraying hairspray on inkstains can be a recipe for disaster. Don't do it. I'd ask for a refund. I bought a bag on ebay that arrived with inkstains and I was never able to get them out.

Well, I've tried hairspray on leather once and it worked.

I'm sorry I even made the suggestion. BIG mistake.

Send the bag back and ask for a refund.

Ladies, thank you so much for your replies. I went to go take pictures and I'm getting a CF error, so I may have to buy a new compact flash card before I take the pics. Ugh. Not my day. At all.

Some sellers really SUCK the BAG!!!

I had one seller who called me "F" names and used all kinds of profanities in emails to me because I decided against bidding/buying a bag from her. I asked questions in advance, but that was later used against me when I didn't purchase it. VERY rude....I still have the emails...And she said if I contacted her again, she'd report me for harrassment. A real winner.....positive feedback too, which is scary. I reported her to EBAY but they did ZERO.

bagatella, who's the seller??

The only I've heard for removing (or at least lightening) ink stains that I feel comfortable with is using a white eraser. I believe this needs to be done with the stain is fairly new, however. I agree that you should try to return the bag though.

Hi all, I'm sorry it has taken me some time to reply and post pics (my memory card died)....
So here is my ink-stained grey Sophie. How bad do you think the damage is? BTW, I paid $269 including shipping, so I thought I got a good deal... It would have been a great deal had the seller not blacked out the price with a ball point pen, which then transferred during shipping...
92421400_o.jpg

92421534_o.jpg

92421629_o.jpg

92421707_o.jpg

92421797_o.jpg