Mini square or Mini rectangle?

gimmeskinny

May 4, 2017
I'm on the fence about this too. I'm in the market for a caviar mini for nights out where my WOC (lamb) might get a little too bruised up.

FOllowing!

yinnie

O.G.
Apr 19, 2008
I personally prefer the square because it is the right strap length for me crossbody. I also find the square shape cuter. I have 3 square minis. Here's a mod shot of my white mini.

Rect mini has longer strap so will suit those who are taller. I'm 160cm.

IMG_1494499056.763856.jpg

Apr 24, 2009
Its two different bags. I would get one of each for different occasions. In terms of what fits, rectangular has more gives. My heart sang on square first. However due to the shorter strap, I find my shoulder stiffen a bit after worn the square crossbody for a whole day. Rectangular has a longer strap, so I didnt have the same problem & more comfortable when worn crossbody for the whole day.

If had to choose only one, i would rectangular.

Reactions: eckw and RasberryLV
Mar 5, 2006
Toronto
I prefer the rectangular, because I feel like the shape resembles other classic flaps more than the square does. I also like the longer strap.

RUNNING JAX

May 5, 2017
After endless researching, I decided on the square because I'm 5'0. I wanted to wear it both ways and have it hold more than the WOC.

Auvina15

May 12, 2015
The Emerald
I love them both. The reg. is more classic imo and has more room. The square is cuter and more chic. I'm petite but they both work fine for me on crossbody(i think:P). But if I have to choose only one then I would go for the square for variety( I already have m/l classics and a reissue which are similar shape to the reg).

may0112

Aug 21, 2015
I have both and love them equally!!

Chain lengths arent the biggest difference, actually it is not that recognizeable at all unless you put both on at the same time.

Rec fits a little more than square.

If you are an iphone 7plus (over any huge phone) user like myself, then you might prefer the rec cus it fits better. Square still fits but it is a little snug.

Reactions: eckw and Auvina15

BagLady14

O.G.
Dec 15, 2005
North of Boston
I had a choice but I chose square over rectangular because I wanted to be able to carry it on the shoulder. Shoulder carry was more important than crossbody for me. I have many crossbody bags in LV and one in Chanel. I am 5'4" and the chain length of the square is too short for crossbody. I knew that but after my experience with the woc I knew I wanted the shorter chain. The woc bouncing around and flopping when I walked drove me crazy. So deciding between square and rectangle, a big factor is your height and how you like to carry the bag.

Tropezienne

Jun 11, 2016
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

Right now I am leaning towards the square... as the first one to get!!! Having choices only leads to feeling we may not have made the right decision... and buying more bags!

Aug 17, 2008
Don't have any minis, but I would get the mini rectangle if getting, because it's a little larger and in a bag this small any extra space even an inch or so is welcome! I like the rectangle shape better since more similar to regular flaps. Also I prefer longer straps, I don't crossbody but most purses marketed as crossbody are long shoulder bags for me, I want it to hit at or below my hip not above, unless it's a very short under the arm type bag.

Reactions: MahaM