mini/Small/Medium????

loverbag

Aug 10, 2008
I am 5'0 and i would like an opinion on what to get it to wear to dinners and special occasion.

I have a Medium bag but i do find it looking too big for those occasion.
I do like a Medium, i think it is more worth the amount rather the small.

what you think of a mini rectangle?

I am 5'0 and i would like an opinion on what to get it to wear to dinners and special occasion.

I have a Medium bag but i do find it looking too big for those occasion.
I do like a Medium, i think it is more worth the amount rather the small.

what you think of a mini rectangle?

I'd suggest you try each of these sizes and see how they work for you visually. Then you will know. :smile:

I have so that is why i am here for help. =(

So, what are your notes from each of the sizes? Which one fits your body best? Which fits your daily carry needs for the occasion you plan on using it for? Which one fits your budget the best? Which one do you see carrying for the next 5 years? Which one truly fits you?

So, what are your notes from each of the sizes? Which one fits your body best? Which fits your daily carry needs for the occasion you plan on using it for? Which one fits your budget the best? Which one do you see carrying for the next 5 years? Which one truly fits you?

My heart telling me to get a small bag in Lambskin but i will get more used out of the medium on normal days. Do you think a lambskin will get easily scratches on a night out with the crazy girlfriends?:biggrin:

I'm almost your height and the chain on the mini rectangle is plenty long to wear crossbody. The chain actually looks too long on me to just wear it on the shoulder so I have to wear it crossbody. Do you want to be able to wear your bag crossbody or do you prefer shoulder bags?

My heart telling me to get a small bag in Lambskin but i will get more used out of the medium on normal days. Do you think a lambskin will get easily scratches on a night out with the crazy girlfriends?:biggrin:

Any leather can be scratched, whether it's lamb, calf, ostrich, python, or goat. So how any bag handles a night out with crazy girlfriends really depends on how much that bag is dragged on the ground/concrete or such. There are ways to waterproof a bag, so that spilled cocktails aren't a total disaster, if the bag is lamb or calf. I will say that once the caviar pebbles are scratched off, you can't put them back on. So that's a consideration. Do you want a bag that can go from days into nights (the medium) or one that's only suitable for nights (the small)?

Also, dinner and special occasions are different as a social occasion from a night out with crazy girlfriends. The former are more subdued (usually) while the latter can get quite out of hand, thus the need for waterproofing and being able to handle rough handling and/or dropping, dragging, etc.. :smile:

Any leather can be scratched, whether it's lamb, calf, ostrich, python, or goat. So how any bag handles a night out with crazy girlfriends really depends on how much that bag is dragged on the ground/concrete or such. There are ways to waterproof a bag, so that spilled cocktails aren't a total disaster, if the bag is lamb or calf. I will say that once the caviar pebbles are scratched off, you can't put them back on. So that's a consideration. Do you want a bag that can go from days into nights (the medium) or one that's only suitable for nights (the small)?

Also, dinner and special occasions are different as a social occasion from a night out with crazy girlfriends. The former are more subdued (usually) while the latter can get quite out of hand, thus the need for waterproofing and being able to handle rough handling and/or dropping, dragging, etc.. :smile:

thank you tutushopper, because of the price increase i have to make my mind fast. The small is retail 5300 Australia right now which is so much but it is so rare to find on Ebay. I do think Lambskin is more luxurious compared to the dull calf skin these days. I think the reissue/calfskin fits night out with friends. I knew what i want but just want a confirm it because Chanel is expensive.:smile:

I'm almost your height and the chain on the mini rectangle is plenty long to wear crossbody. The chain actually looks too long on me to just wear it on the shoulder so I have to wear it crossbody. Do you want to be able to wear your bag crossbody or do you prefer shoulder bags?

Thank you, This is the only bag i have not try on at the store. It is half the price of a small which is why i was considering. Crossbody is casual.

TuTu can you please tell me how do i waterproof my bags, cheers

TuTu can you please tell me how do i waterproof my bags, cheers

There is a full thread with step by step instructions and photos here on this board. It talks about cleaning, conditioning, and waterproofing. Great stuff in that thread.

CHANEL LAMBSKIN - HOW DO I CLEAN IT/CARE FOR IT? --- this thread (my phone doesn't copy/paste well)

There is a full thread with step by step instructions and photos here on this board. It talks about cleaning, conditioning, and waterproofing. Great stuff in that thread.

CHANEL LAMBSKIN - HOW DO I CLEAN IT/CARE FOR IT? --- this thread (my phone doesn't copy/paste well)

Thank you so much, i will have a read thru it tonight:smile: