Mini Rectangular on a Curvy+ Woman?

Bagaholic9

O.G.
Jul 5, 2012
Hi everyone!

I have been contemplating a mini rectangular. Everyone seems to love them, and with the rumors of the caviar leather, I was hoping to grab one soon.

Anyone here on the curvy/plus side that owns one? I am 5’6, 210 pounds and just hope that wont be an issue with carrying it crossbody. I would basically only wear it crossbody. I had tried a green one in store a while ago, and I don’t remember there being a problem. I have seen so many reviews on Youtube, but not many with women of my body type.

I really hope this doesn’t sound offensive in anyway. I am a bit self conscious which why I am asking. Would appreciate any feedback!!

Hi everyone!

I have been contemplating a mini rectangular. Everyone seems to love them, and with the rumors of the caviar leather, I was hoping to grab one soon.

Anyone here on the curvy/plus side that owns one? I am 5’6, 210 pounds and just hope that wont be an issue with carrying it crossbody. I would basically only wear it crossbody. I had tried a green one in store a while ago, and I don’t remember there being a problem. I have seen so many reviews on Youtube, but not many with women of my body type.

I really hope this doesn’t sound offensive in anyway. I am a bit self conscious which why I am asking. Would appreciate any feedback!!
Have you tried it on? ...And....Just saying: i’ve put on a bit of weight lately, but I love that bags don’t have a size, so to speak. Unless I try on something the size of a ring’s jewelry box, no size is too small. Wear it and own it, chica. Life is too short. :cool: :girlsigh::drinks::tup:

Hi there! The chain of the rectangular mini is around 22-23” drop so it’s quite a comfortable length depending on where you like the bag to rest on you when you crossbody. I have a good friend with a similar body shape and she rocks both the rectangular mini flap and the WOC! I think she told me she prefers the WOC bc it sits more flush against her body but I think both bags suit her well. HTH!

Reactions: MahaM and fally
I personally think the mini looked to small on me. I’m 5’6” and size 12/14. I loved the small filigree flap on me as a “mini” bag which is similar in size to the small classic flap or the 225 reissue! Best to try in store to see how you feel wearing it. I felt like a giant wearing a toy purse with a mini.

Hi everyone!

Choose what you love . Minis will suit anyone.
Usually,we choose the mini size because it is a small bag ,light , functional and can be used easily .
Try the minis and see what color you prefer and choose the one that you love most
And I’m sure it will look great ob you .

I sold a rectangle mini to a curvy woman who bought it to wear crossbody based on my modeling shots. She was really upset when it didn’t fit. I think she ended up relisting and selling for a loss. I sold it because it felt small on me at 5’8” and 125lbs. Always wear what you love, but it’s a lot of money to spend on a bag you don’t sound comfortable with.

Everyone’s body is different given the same height and weight so there’s no way to know for sure unless you try it on. With that said I’m also on the curvy side and I do prefer the longer mini’s chain. From my collection the 17c minis have the longest chain and then the 18b and finally the 17b.

I’m also 5’6” and approx a 14, I personally find the mini chain too short for where I like my bags to sit. Chanel minis vary from 21-23 inches and in recent seasons, they seem to be in the 21-21.5 inch range. Many of the modeling shots seen are on petite women under 5’4” - and as you pointed out, length is not based on height alone as body type will also change where it sits. You have the option of having the chain lengthened (not by Chanel), but I personally found the bag to look a little small for me and ended up returning. I LOVE the look on others but it didn’t work out for me. Good luck in your search!!!