Mini Rant: "Your Diamond Looks Small"

calibali

O.G.
Jan 30, 2009
Yesterday I was hanging out with a couple friends and we had to take off our rings for the project we were working on. This led us to start talking about our e-rings and one of the girls says to me, "how big is your diamond - under 2cts right?" (my stone is 2.66cts and I thought it looked fairly large on my size 5.5 fingers).

I just said, um no, it's a bit over 2.5cts. My friend's response was that there was no way since she had seen a 2ct before and, in her opinion, it looked gaudy and enormous. She then said that my diamond looked really small for the size I said and seemed to be hinting that she thought I was either lying or had been ripped off.

I got a little defensive and was pretty annoyed with her after that. I don't know why I'm being so sensitive about it - I don't think my stone looks small but apparently other people do. Silly thing to get my feelings hurt over, so I just wanted to get it off my chest since H doesn't understand.

/rant

If anyone else has a story of someone being rude about their ring, I'd love to commiserate. :P

Her memory is crap or she can't handle the idea that you own something better than she does. Edit: I see you have a GORGEOUS Leon with a gorgeous RB. Looks amazing, and she needs to stfu!

Either way, wicked rude, and I hope you left her a reminder in her forehead of how big your stone is.

What a terrible thing to say! Try to not take it personally.. She was clearly trying to take a jab or make you feel bad.

If she truly thought it was under 2cts, she would have zipped it after you told her what size it was.

wow! some people blow me away with how rude they can be! I'm sure your diamond is absolutely gorgeous:biggrin:

:hugs:don't let her get to you she's obviously jealous!

to add something similar. I bought my mom a watch almost a month ago it has .80 tctw on the watch and was around 3k. she showed it to one of her co-workers. her co-worker says "nice watch"

my mom then says thank you my daughter bought it for me! the co-worker then asks if those are diamonds...my mom replies yes.

the co-worker then says "i'll give you $500 bucks for it, what do you think? come on your daughter won't even notice it's gone"

when my mom told me this my jaw just dropped...the manners of some people just boggles my mind!

Wow, what a nerve she has! I would be upset if my "friend" or anyone else for that matter said that. She is probably jealous or someone who attempts to put others down to feel better about herself.

Wow, I'm glad I wasn't being overly sensitive and that everyone agrees she was super rude. She's not usually the jealous type at all, so I think I was really caught off guard by her comments and that's why they bothered me so much.

I will say that after she finished her little tirade about my stone appearing small, I said that my H was not going to be pleased with her since now I obviously had to ask him for an upgrade. She looked down at her (smaller) stone and shut up pretty quickly.