Mini Palm Spring or Saint Laurent LouLou Medium

Raaz

May 19, 2017
Hello,

I like both bags very very much- Palm Springs Mini and the aesthetics of Saint Laurent LouLou.

Not sure which to buy. Similar price points for LouLou medium and Palm Spring Mini.

Which one is worth buying? Which one will have more longevity?

Thank you for you time and opinion.

Truth be spoken, I am not really backpack person since years ago someone stole from my bagpack on the underground.

Having said that Palm Spring mini can be used in multiple ways.

Appreciate your response and agree with you about Loulou

Agh! The agony.... what to pick!

I’m not a backpack person so that alone would make me vote the Loulou. Having said that, I would never pay full price for it. There’s always some sort of sale or discount you can get on Saint Laurent, and they don’t hold their value very well so looking from only a longevity standpoint I would go with any LV item. I also feel like the puffy-pillowy bags are a trend and something that wouldn’t last, even though the shape is very classic. But if you aren’t a backpack person you might not end up using the Palm Springs mini that much?

Reactions: Raaz
I have Loulou medium and imo, it is a nice bag which serves more like a work bag and definitely abit more dressy.. both bags are nice if you can afford it, get the PS mini first as Loulou will always be around depending on the color of your choice.

And today I just received my PS Mini after contemplating on it for awhile and its the cutest bag! So versatile.
Good luck with your decisions :biggrin:

Reactions: waterina and Raaz
I’m not a backpack person so that alone would make me vote the Loulou. Having said that, I would never pay full price for it. There’s always some sort of sale or discount you can get on Saint Laurent, and they don’t hold their value very well so looking from only a longevity standpoint I would go with any LV item. I also feel like the puffy-pillowy bags are a trend and something that wouldn’t last, even though the shape is very classic. But if you aren’t a backpack person you might not end up using the Palm Springs mini that much?

what she said

Reactions: vodense
Thank you ALL for your feedback!

I write this while staring at my unused prized possession- Prada Galleria in Grey with crystals. A bag too dressy for work and too big for casual wear (although it is the ‘perfect’ work bag- I know it because I have been using almost exact Kate Spade dupe of it and I think it is the best- saffiano leather, structured, open tote, zipped compartments, top handle and shoulder straps). I know I will not use Loulou medium for work or casually.

Reflecting on that, I have bitten the bullet and ordered PS mini. In future, I will probably snap a Saint Laurent bag but in toy/mini/clutch.

Although I am not sure if I will keep the PSmini. Will decide once it arrives. At the moment it does feel like a lot of money for a canvas casual mini!

Thank you ALL for your feedback!

I write this while staring at my unused prized possession- Prada Galleria in Grey with crystals. A bag too dressy for work and too big for casual wear (although it is the ‘perfect’ work bag- I know it because I have been using almost exact Kate Spade dupe of it and I think it is the best- saffiano leather, structured, open tote, zipped compartments, top handle and shoulder straps). I know I will not use Loulou medium for work or casually.

Reflecting on that, I have bitten the bullet and ordered PS mini. In future, I will probably snap a Saint Laurent bag but in toy/mini/clutch.

Although I am not sure if I will keep the PSmini. Will decide once it arrives. At the moment it does feel like a lot of money for a canvas casual mini!

Congrats on the purchase! I thought the same thing about the Palm Springs Mini as well but after watching some videos on YT, I love how versatile it can be worn from backpack, shoulder bag, and crossbody! You can also use other LV straps if you have them. My fiancé just bought me the backpack and it’s coming on Monday! I’m so excited to try it on :yahoo:

Reactions: Raaz
Congrats on the purchase! I thought the same thing about the Palm Springs Mini as well but after watching some videos on YT, I love how versatile it can be worn from backpack, shoulder bag, and crossbody! You can also use other LV straps if you have them. My fiancé just bought me the backpack and it’s coming on Monday! I’m so excited to try it on :yahoo:
Congrats on your purchase too! It would be helpful if you share your honest impressions of PS mini once you receive it pease.

Reactions: kikiii_24
I was very hesitant about the PS mini, and only got it bc it was purchased in France(cheaper), which was also very hard to locate, but my sisters SA found one from another store and transferred it to the local store where she stayed. I LOVE this bag and have no regrets. Thinking about the reverse, but on ban island. Congrats on your decision!!

Reactions: Raaz and kikiii_24