• Black marmont shoulder (zip bag)

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Black marmont flap bag

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Danch1234

PeachHeart
Feb 5, 2017
My partner surprised me with a padlock mini the other week. Once I tried it, I felt like the chain was waaaay to short and wearing it cross body was not an option unless I wanted it to sit over my belly button.

I'm 163 cm.

I'm now stuck between keeping the padlock mini or getting either a black soho, black marmont shoulder (zip) or marmont black with flap small or medium.
(I have a beige Gucci soho, and want a black bag).

Does anyone have any advice as I have no idea on what to do. I feel like getting a a smaller bag would be an opportunity wasted and the padlock mini is truly stunning, but just abit to short.

Attachments

• IMG_7650.JPG
    IMG_7650.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 461
We are the same height, about 5ft 4inch give or take an inch. Do you really want to keep something that doesn't satisfy all your needs? I understand the want and need of crossbody options. Is carrying on your shoulder ONLY a deal breaker? It's a gorgeous bag. I say exchange for something that works, hopefully your partner will understand that it's function over beauty. Gucci has a great line up right now to choose from. I have a double chain soho in black and it's strictly shoulder carry but I bought it for that reason. It's both classy and no babying required. Gucci pebbled leather is super soft and smooshy.

I have the mini padlock and I'm tall-ish (5' 8") so it doesn't work crossbody for me either. I double up the chain strap and wear it as a shoulder bag (or a long shoulder bag with single chain strap).

Thank you all! I think the reason why the shoulder carry option isn't satisfying me is because I was hoping for a new every day black bag. I just bought the soho in rose beige and was hoping for a black version, if not something from the marmont line.
I've ended up returning for a voucher but I'm yet to decide what I'll go for.

I love this bag and find the bag fits perfectly as I don't like to wear a small bag hanging very long and low for day. Also not really inclined to wear a chain strap bag as a cross body anyway. I really only cross body when I travel.
I tend to wear mine doubled as a shorter shoulder strap and love it like that.

I am looking into getting my first Gucci and I was thinking of getting a mini paddlock, maybe those flowery canvas one or all
leather one. I just have a dilemma as I dont have a Gucci store nearby, I am 1m65, so will I be able to wear it as a crossbody as that's my fave way to wear bags (I have two little kids)??? I have been trying to find pics but no sucess yet.

I'm 162cm tall and I wear the mini padlock as crossbody all the time. In fact it's my favorite way to wear it. Personally I like how it sits crossbody, maybe because I like it a little bit higher than most people.
Here is a screenshot of me wearing the bag. Hope it helps!View attachment 3682182

Lovely! You look ultra-fashionable.

When wear my small Interlocking it hits around the same point.

The padlock is really designed to be worn as shoulder bag, if the chain was longer the bag (structured/deep) would stick out too far. Wearing it shorter actually protects the bag but it may not work over a coat.

Reactions: MapleSyrup1017
I love wearing my bag short on my shoulder, with a doubled chain. It feels secure and ladylike. I am perfectly happy to wear it cross body if i needed to though. I like the 'cropped' look, with the bag sitting high, it feels 'tailored' (if you get my meaning lol) and secure.