• Black marmont shoulder (zip bag)

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Black marmont flap bag

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Danch1234

PeachHeart
Feb 5, 2017
My partner surprised me with a padlock mini the other week. Once I tried it, I felt like the chain was waaaay to short and wearing it cross body was not an option unless I wanted it to sit over my belly button.

I'm 163 cm.

I'm now stuck between keeping the padlock mini or getting either a black soho, black marmont shoulder (zip) or marmont black with flap small or medium.
(I have a beige Gucci soho, and want a black bag).

Does anyone have any advice as I have no idea on what to do. I feel like getting a a smaller bag would be an opportunity wasted and the padlock mini is truly stunning, but just abit to short.

Attachments

BAGLADY 3375

May 30, 2014
We are the same height, about 5ft 4inch give or take an inch. Do you really want to keep something that doesn't satisfy all your needs? I understand the want and need of crossbody options. Is carrying on your shoulder ONLY a deal breaker? It's a gorgeous bag. I say exchange for something that works, hopefully your partner will understand that it's function over beauty. Gucci has a great line up right now to choose from. I have a double chain soho in black and it's strictly shoulder carry but I bought it for that reason. It's both classy and no babying required. Gucci pebbled leather is super soft and smooshy.

Sep 11, 2016
CHICAGO
I have the mini padlock and I'm 162.5cm. I feel the chain is perfect for me carrying the bag crossbody. Maybe I like it shorter than most people.

pbmuffin

Jul 22, 2015
I have the mini padlock and I'm tall-ish (5' 8") so it doesn't work crossbody for me either. I double up the chain strap and wear it as a shoulder bag (or a long shoulder bag with single chain strap).

Danch1234

PeachHeart
Feb 5, 2017
Thank you all! I think the reason why the shoulder carry option isn't satisfying me is because I was hoping for a new every day black bag. I just bought the soho in rose beige and was hoping for a black version, if not something from the marmont line.
I've ended up returning for a voucher but I'm yet to decide what I'll go for.

lqygabrielle

Apr 23, 2017
This bag chain fits me but I am quite short 155cm. Since you are taller, it may be too short for you, but I think it depends on where you like your bag to fall.

Aug 2, 2006
I love this bag and find the bag fits perfectly as I don't like to wear a small bag hanging very long and low for day. Also not really inclined to wear a chain strap bag as a cross body anyway. I really only cross body when I travel.
I tend to wear mine doubled as a shorter shoulder strap and love it like that.

stl

O.G.
Jan 28, 2008
I am looking into getting my first Gucci and I was thinking of getting a mini paddlock, maybe those flowery canvas one or all
leather one. I just have a dilemma as I dont have a Gucci store nearby, I am 1m65, so will I be able to wear it as a crossbody as that's my fave way to wear bags (I have two little kids)??? I have been trying to find pics but no sucess yet.

Danch1234

PeachHeart
Feb 5, 2017
I'm 162 cm and currently returned the mini padlock as when I wore it cross body it sat too high.

stl

O.G.
Jan 28, 2008
I'm 162cm tall and I wear the mini padlock as crossbody all the time. In fact it's my favorite way to wear it. Personally I like how it sits crossbody, maybe because I like it a little bit higher than most people.
Here is a screenshot of me wearing the bag. Hope it helps! View attachment 3682182
yay!!! Thank you!! I really like how it sits on you.

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
I'm 162cm tall and I wear the mini padlock as crossbody all the time. In fact it's my favorite way to wear it. Personally I like how it sits crossbody, maybe because I like it a little bit higher than most people.
Here is a screenshot of me wearing the bag. Hope it helps! View attachment 3682182
Lovely! You look ultra-fashionable.

When wear my small Interlocking it hits around the same point.

The padlock is really designed to be worn as shoulder bag, if the chain was longer the bag (structured/deep) would stick out too far. Wearing it shorter actually protects the bag but it may not work over a coat.

Reactions: MapleSyrup1017
Aug 2, 2006
I love wearing my bag short on my shoulder, with a doubled chain. It feels secure and ladylike. I am perfectly happy to wear it cross body if i needed to though. I like the 'cropped' look, with the bag sitting high, it feels 'tailored' (if you get my meaning lol) and secure.