Mini or Medium flap

rulebabe

O.G.
May 1, 2007
Hi,
I am trying to decide on my final bag before I move on from Chanel . I currently have the
1) Cerf tote in black
2) SF Jumbo in black and gold h/w
3) 226 reissue in black and gold h/w
4) Beige ml flap.

I am contemplating a ml black or black mini. Either one will be lambskin.

I just had a baby and I'm not using my Chanel bags at the moment but I want to get one before the prices increase further. I feel I will always want the classic black as it is a classic but I also think the mini will be logical since I already have the ml in beige. I am a girly girl and don't think the boy Chanel is for me .

Pls give me your thoughts.

sakuraboo

O.G.
Jan 17, 2011
Hi,
I am trying to decide on my final bag before I move on from Chanel . I currently have the
1) Cerf tote in black
2) SF Jumbo in black and gold h/w
3) 226 reissue in black and gold h/w
4) Beige ml flap.

I am contemplating a ml black or black mini. Either one will be lambskin.

I just had a baby and I'm not using my Chanel bags at the moment but I want to get one before the prices increase further. I feel I will always want the classic black as it is a classic but I also think the mini will be logical since I already have the ml in beige. I am a girly girl and don't think the boy Chanel is for me .

Pls give me your thoughts.
Do you plan on using the bag with your baby? I think a mini would make sense since you already have a ml. Since you can wear the mini crossbody, you can also wear it while you are out w/your child. I don't wear my ml with my little one as I always have to pick her up one way or the other. plus the rectangular mini is the mini version of the ml. My vote goes to the rect. mini :smile:

the only reason why I think you would get the ml in black is if you love that size and want a change of color. It is a classic which would worth $$ when you either resell or pass it down to your kid(s).

good luck!

Last edited:

Arielgal

Feb 10, 2017
I think black ml is good :smile: very classy in gold.

I am a girly girl too n i like pretty, feminine styles..n i love my boys! Boys can look feminine too depending on colour, leather n hardware :smile: hehe...there are many examples in this wonderful forum ❤ Screenshot_2017-04-12-22-40-06.png Here is a pic of mine for a start n I think she is a feminine boy! ;)

FunBagz

Apr 15, 2015
Sunny Florida
Normally I would say M/L since I find it to be the most versatile. But in your case, since you already have a M/L in beige and a 226 Reissue in black, and you have a new baby, the mini might be a better choice...at least for the short term. GLD!

Reactions: yinnie

franr

Jul 27, 2015
Since you already have the crossbody option of your 226 and a beige M/L, why not consider a Chanel backpack? You'd be handsfree and I've heard of mommies here on PF loving their Chanel backpacks.

rulebabe

O.G.
May 1, 2007
Do you plan on using the bag with your baby? I think a mini would make sense since you already have a ml. Since you can wear the mini crossbody, you can also wear it while you are out w/your child. I don't wear my ml with my little one as I always have to pick her up one way or the other. plus the rectangular mini is the mini version of the ml. My vote goes to the rect. mini :smile:

the only reason why I think you would get the ml in black is if you love that size and want a change of color. It is a classic which would worth $$ when you either resell or pass it down to your kid(s).

good luck!
Thanks for this. I don't plan to use it with my kids. I've had two babies back to back and I have been using a small Ferragamo flap. I like long chain effect of the ml which I don't think I can achieve with the mini.

Reactions: sakuraboo

rulebabe

O.G.
May 1, 2007
I think black ml is good :smile: very classy in gold.

I am a girly girl too n i like pretty, feminine styles..n i love my boys! Boys can look feminine too depending on colour, leather n hardware :smile: hehe...there are many examples in this wonderful forum ❤ View attachment 3665298 Here is a pic of mine for a start n I think she is a feminine boy! ;)
This is very pretty

Lulubag

O.G.
Dec 21, 2008
Thanks for this. I don't plan to use it with my kids. I've had two babies back to back and I have been using a small Ferragamo flap. I like long chain effect of the ml which I don't think I can achieve with the mini.
Not sure what you mean by long chain effect but I agree with other posters that mini would add more variety to your collection. All I wear with my toddler is x-body so that would be my vote. Plus the mini is sooo dang cute!

Arielgal

Feb 10, 2017
This is very pretty
Thanks Rulebabe :smile: how tall are you? I have 2 kids too n I don't really use my purses when out with them. I don't have minis as I read that their chains are quite long n being petite at 5'1, I think they might be a tad too long for crossbody :sad: though I think they are really cute n so much less costly ... ML flap works best for me for the girly girl look :smile:

But if you are tall, anything goes :smile: :smile: Good luck deciding.

yinnie

O.G.
Apr 19, 2008
Normally I would say M/L since I find it to be the most versatile. But in your case, since you already have a M/L in beige and a 226 Reissue in black, and you have a new baby, the mini might be a better choice...at least for the short term. GLD!
+1 well said. I also just had a baby (#2) and have only used my minis. The m/l is gorgeous (my fav chanel but least used sadly as cannot crossbody) but for practical reasons I will go with mini. I hope I can use my m/l more when the kids are grown up and not just for special occasions.

Apr 24, 2009
Though either choice is great, i would choose mini, because it can fit all my essentials & i can wear it crossbody.