MINI~MINI~MINI! Mini Flap Thread

View attachment 3843353View attachment 3843354

I got this beauty in Rome last week. [emoji7]. It's my first mini. I am excited to join the club!! [emoji173]️[emoji173]️ I do have a question for you all. I was wondering if the leather getting cut just above the ring is normal? Both sides you can see where they cut it. I didn't notice in the store. I love the bag but I wish that the cuts were below the rings, inside the bag where you can't see them. Is this normal? It's a gorgeous neutral color. Changes in the light.
Beautiful colour. Tried it in-store. My first time trying a mini. It felt very light. Is that usual?

What are your thoughts on the finish? Is it really as streaky as it looks in the pics? In a way it looks “pre-scratched”
Hi yinnie, I was reserved for this Navy bag in the M/L size and I passed on it. It was pretty, but very textured and streaked and I thought I would get tired of it over time. To me it was a fun look, but not outstanding. HTH. :smile::heart:

Hi yinnie, I was reserved for this Navy bag in the M/L size and I passed on it. It was pretty, but very textured and streaked and I thought I would get tired of it over time. To me it was a fun look, but not outstanding. HTH. :smile::heart:

Thanks Dextersmom,
the streakiness would really bother me even though “that’s how it is”. Although with two young kids, this may be a practical bag to have and not have to baby since it’s already looks scratched lol
I’ve decided to stick to my usual caviar [emoji12]

Reactions: Dextersmom
HI,
I have a question. Please help! This site states that the mini Chanel hot stamp should be under the CC on the flap. She says if it is on the interior pocket of those made from 88-99, it is not real.

HI,

I have a question. Please help! This site states that the mini Chanel hot stamp should be under the CC on the flap. She says if it is on the interior pocket of those made from 88-99, it is not real. I bought a black 4 series with gold hardware from the Real Real and have had to return bags I have bought before to them that were fake. So i double check what I buy from them. Should the stamp in the black be on the interior flap or in the pocket inside? Please help!

Hi yinnie, I was reserved for this Navy bag in the M/L size and I passed on it. It was pretty, but very textured and streaked and I thought I would get tired of it over time. To me it was a fun look, but not outstanding. HTH. [emoji2][emoji813]
I have the small Reissue which I'm loving. Got it just a few months ago and worried I may be on the road to Chanel addiction as I feel that I would like another piece. Been thinking about the mini flap. Tried one in beige last week at the boutique. Preferred choice would be black cavier chevron mini. A bit undecided about getting one and have a few questions which I hope you could please help me with.
1. The chains felt really light. It that usual.
2. Is the quality of minis the same as the classic flap? Any cons apart from size?
3. Struggling to justify another purchase at this point but worried about price increases. Should I just settle for an SLG?
HELP [emoji38]

I have the small Reissue which I'm loving. Got it just a few months ago and worried I may be on the road to Chanel addiction as I feel that I would like another piece. Been thinking about the mini flap. Tried one in beige last week at the boutique. Preferred choice would be black cavier chevron mini. A bit undecided about getting one and have a few questions which I hope you could please help me with.
1. The chains felt really light. It that usual.
2. Is the quality of minis the same as the classic flap? Any cons apart from size?
3. Struggling to justify another purchase at this point but worried about price increases. Should I just settle for an SLG?
HELP [emoji38]
Hi Ramai, I'm not sure if you meant these questions for me specifically, or in general, but here are my thoughts:
Mini's are light as air, imo (I have 7 total; 5 rectangle and 2 square, 3 are lamb, 4 caviar). :heart: Quality is a subjective thing....I purchase all of my bags in person and have never had any quality issues. Zero. I love my M/L's and mini's and think they are all beautifully made. I cannot advise you what to purchase next, as this is such a personal decision. These bags and slg's are very expensive and only you know what is right for you in your life and financial situation at this time. I personally would never put myself in debt for a luxury item and strive to live in a comfortable spot within my means. I hope that helps a little. One more thing, I have found that settling doesn't work because it still leaves you wanting for the original out of reach item. :heart::heart:

Hi Ramai, I'm not sure if you meant these questions for me specifically, or in general, but here are my thoughts:
Mini's are light as air, imo (I have 7 total; 5 rectangle and 2 square, 3 are lamb, 4 caviar). [emoji813] Quality is a subjective thing....I purchase all of my bags in person and have never had any quality issues. Zero. I love my M/L's and mini's and think they are all beautifully made. I cannot advise you what to purchase next, as this is such a personal decision. These bags and slg's are very expensive and only you know what is right for you in your life and financial situation at this time. I personally would never put myself in debt for a luxury item and strive to live in a comfortable spot within my means. I hope that helps a little. One more thing, I have found that settling doesn't work because it still leaves you wanting for the original out of reach item. [emoji813][emoji813]
Thanks so much for the reply and advice. Much appreciated.

Reactions: Dextersmom
Hi ladies! I’m trying to post a question but cannot since I’m too new. I hope you ladies can help me out. I’ve been searching for a black caviar chevron mini with no luck, even pre loved. I came across a reputable website that has a 17B black chevron lambskin with light GHW. They were selling it for close to retail. So I went searching and saw a few resellers on IG selling them for also close to retail as well. My question is, is there something not desirable with the 17B black chevron lamb?? I’ve seen pre loved minis from previous collection that are going for over retail. Any response will greatly be appreciated!❤️