Mini MAC! Do you still keep yours?

angelphilipus

Aug 10, 2015
Hi girls!

I was thinking about getting a preloved Mini MAC in Mint color. The condition isn’t very great, but I plan to restore the bag by re-dying it! For the Mini MAC owners here, when did you first purchase your Mini MAC? Do you still keep/wear it? What’s the pros and cons of the bag, in your opinion?

Share your thoughts here! :yahoo:

Hi girls!

I was thinking about getting a preloved Mini MAC in Mint color. The condition isn’t very great, but I plan to restore the bag by re-dying it! For the Mini MAC owners here, when did you first purchase your Mini MAC? Do you still keep/wear it? What’s the pros and cons of the bag, in your opinion?

Share your thoughts here! :yahoo:
I recently was gifted two Mini Macs for Christmas from my husband. One in magenta and one in perriwinkle. The pros for me is the weight, and size. It's compact, looks cute and fits everything I need in it. The cons are the chain, my hair sometimes get caught in it. You just have watch out for it, it wasn't a deal breaker for me. And the chain length. I'm 5'0ft and it it's at my waist. Depending on how long your torso is, it could hit above, or below your waist. I mention that because I noiticed when I was reading reviews on here and other sites that many people didn't want it to sit above their waist. Hopefully this helps! I have several Macs and 2 mini macs . And honestly i love the mini mac more!

I recently was gifted two Mini Macs for Christmas from my husband. One in magenta and one in perriwinkle. The pros for me is the weight, and size. It's compact, looks cute and fits everything I need in it. The cons are the chain, my hair sometimes get caught in it. You just have watch out for it, it wasn't a deal breaker for me. And the chain length. I'm 5'0ft and it it's at my waist. Depending on how long your torso is, it could hit above, or below your waist. I mention that because I noiticed when I was reading reviews on here and other sites that many people didn't want it to sit above their waist. Hopefully this helps! I have several Macs and 2 mini macs . And honestly i love the mini mac more!
I’ve always hated it when my hair got caught in my bag’s strap/chain. I’ve had the problem with only one bag in my collection but it just annoys me so much that I don’t use that bag very often anymore. If the Mini MAC is gonna cause the same problem I might think twice before buying it. And I also think that Mini MAC is cuter than the regular MAC. Thanks for the input! :smile:
I have one mini mac in red. It is a great going out bag. I second the comment regarding hair getting stuck in the chain, but I have super long hair.
So that’s actually a deal breaker for me, as I also have super long hair :sad: but I guess I could deal with it... I guess :hrmm:
I have so many mini MACs, haha! It's my favourite RM style, perfect for just the essentials!
Do you have a pic of your collection posted here? I’d love to see your Mini MAC collection :love: yes agree. Although it’s so small but it’s just the right size to carry all your essentials without hurting your shoulder!

Reactions: awayfromblue
I’ve always hated it when my hair got caught in my bag’s strap/chain. I’ve had the problem with only one bag in my collection but it just annoys me so much that I don’t use that bag very often anymore. If the Mini MAC is gonna cause the same problem I might think twice before buying it. And I also think that Mini MAC is cuter than the regular MAC. Thanks for the input! :smile:

So that’s actually a deal breaker for me, as I also have super long hair :sad: but I guess I could deal with it... I guess :hrmm:

Do you have a pic of your collection posted here? I’d love to see your Mini MAC collection :love: yes agree. Although it’s so small but it’s just the right size to carry all your essentials without hurting your shoulder!

I just added my collection to the thread! :smile:

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...ection-pics-only.368142/page-10#post-31970963

Reactions: angelphilipus
I just watched the video and sweet baby Jesus your collection is AWESOME!!! :loveeyes: I might be exaggerating here but the reason I said so is because you have such an array of bags in your collection. The way you go for bright colors and different styles, it’s just perfect! I’m also that kind of person who likes to buy bags in not-so-popular colors (especially when it’s a huge bargain LOL) because the bag could brighten my outfit and makes me happy when I wear it. I love your color choice on each of your bags, especially the Mini MACs in silver and aquamarine, the charcoal grey Love Crossbody and red Quilted Affair. The plum Mini MAB is also so pretty but I always find it hard to match my outfit with a purple bag, even harder than to match it with a pink/red/green bag. It’s kinda weird but it’s just how it is. Great collection Qwerty! :tup:

I just watched the video and sweet baby Jesus your collection is AWESOME!!! :loveeyes: I might be exaggerating here but the reason I said so is because you have such an array of bags in your collection. The way you go for bright colors and different styles, it’s just perfect! I’m also that kind of person who likes to buy bags in not-so-popular colors (especially when it’s a huge bargain LOL) because the bag could brighten my outfit and makes me happy when I wear it. I love your color choice on each of your bags, especially the Mini MACs in silver and aquamarine, the charcoal grey Love Crossbody and red Quilted Affair. The plum Mini MAB is also so pretty but I always find it hard to match my outfit with a purple bag, even harder than to match it with a pink/red/green bag. It’s kinda weird but it’s just how it is. Great collection Qwerty! :tup:

:lol: Thanks!

Yey for finding another colourful bag lover! :drinks:

I find purple an easy colour to pair with my outfits as I wear a lot of blue, haha! My collection has changed a little since that video - I've added a neon pink mini MAC and I have to stop myself buying more as they are just too cute and I'd love to have all the colours! :lol: When I get too tempted by a mini MAC I try find another style instead, so that's why I have a few different ones.

I bought my Mini MAC late last year in Petal Pink and used it for the first time this week- I love it! I'm more of a big bag girl and so it's not a daily bag for me, but it's perfect for carrying essentials. It's a little hard to get my wallet in- I have to fiddle to get it in and out (it's an LV Emilie wallet, so a longer wallet). That's my only con so far. The heavy chain doesn't bother me at all, and I have long hair that doesn't seem to get stuck in it. Otherwise it's a super cute, understated bag that I like using when I want something under the radar and don't need to bring a lot with me. I plan to keep it for a long time.

It's not too bad, I think it has to do with the type of hardware. If I'm not mistaken depending on the mini mac, you'll notice the hardware is heavier or lighter. My hair gets caught in my magenta mini mac . But I've never had my hair pulled or caught in the perriwinkle mini mac.

:lol: Thanks!

Yey for finding another colourful bag lover! :drinks:

I find purple an easy colour to pair with my outfits as I wear a lot of blue, haha! My collection has changed a little since that video - I've added a neon pink mini MAC and I have to stop myself buying more as they are just too cute and I'd love to have all the colours! :lol: When I get too tempted by a mini MAC I try find another style instead, so that's why I have a few different ones.
OMG post a pic here please :drool: I like neon bags but it’s too bright for my skin tone it looks kinda weird on me haha. You rock for rocking it tho I’d love to buy this preloved mint Mini MAC but the seller is sooo slow at replying my queries I’m starting to give up on the bag :frown:
I bought my Mini MAC late last year in Petal Pink and used it for the first time this week- I love it! I'm more of a big bag girl and so it's not a daily bag for me, but it's perfect for carrying essentials. It's a little hard to get my wallet in- I have to fiddle to get it in and out (it's an LV Emilie wallet, so a longer wallet). That's my only con so far. The heavy chain doesn't bother me at all, and I have long hair that doesn't seem to get stuck in it. Otherwise it's a super cute, understated bag that I like using when I want something under the radar and don't need to bring a lot with me. I plan to keep it for a long time.
Yay! Another Mini MAC lover :yahoo:yep it’s a pretty small bag so not very suitable for a long wallet. I usually switch to a smaller folded wallet or no wallet at all whenever I’m out with my tiny bags so it wouldn’t bother me at all. And ha it’s kinda weird that some of you girls have problems with the chain and some don’t. Guess I should see it by myself then :graucho:
It's not too bad, I think it has to do with the type of hardware. If I'm not mistaken depending on the mini mac, you'll notice the hardware is heavier or lighter. My hair gets caught in my magenta mini mac . But I've never had my hair pulled or caught in the perriwinkle mini mac.
Now that’s a useful info! I never knew they use different chains on different colors (or batch, idk) because it always looks the same online (of course! :lol:).

I can’t wait to get mine and see if my hair would get stuck on it or not:giggle: I wish the seller would reply my message this time lol fingers crossed!

OMG post a pic here please :drool: I like neon bags but it’s too bright for my skin tone it looks kinda weird on me haha. You rock for rocking it tho I’d love to buy this preloved mint Mini MAC but the seller is sooo slow at replying my queries I’m starting to give up on the bag :frown:

Yay! Another Mini MAC lover :yahoo:yep it’s a pretty small bag so not very suitable for a long wallet. I usually switch to a smaller folded wallet or no wallet at all whenever I’m out with my tiny bags so it wouldn’t bother me at all. And ha it’s kinda weird that some of you girls have problems with the chain and some don’t. Guess I should see it by myself then :graucho:

Now that’s a useful info! I never knew they use different chains on different colors (or batch, idk) because it always looks the same online (of course! :lol:).

I can’t wait to get mine and see if my hair would get stuck on it or not:giggle: I wish the seller would reply my message this time lol fingers crossed!

I will need to try get an updated pic of all my RM bags - I have far too many! :lol: I hope the seller does get back to you and you get the bag you want - fingers crossed!

I will need to try get an updated pic of all my RM bags - I have far too many! :lol: I hope the seller does get back to you and you get the bag you want - fingers crossed!
Yasss do it and do let me know once you’ve posted it somewhere :tup: I sometimes get so bored I take all of my babies out of the drawer and take pics of them—or just admire them and smell the leather! I’m weird :biggrin:
Oh and btw the Mini MAC is here!
C70657C9-766B-40DE-84AA-66C9C8CDD5F6.jpeg
It’s in pretty bad condition (leather peeling on the edges, faded color, a bit of jean marks on the back) but I guess I will recolor it eventually, so I don’t really mind. Also I got this for a great bargain, can’t complain much. And I think the color looks quite similar to yours in aquamarine! I’ve worn this out once and I’m happy to say that the hair problem didn’t occur. Yay! :yahoo:

I still have the black/oil slick Mini MAC that I bought on sale in June 2016. I used it a lot at first, but not so much in the past year.
Pros:
+ the leather is soft and melds against the body (if it isn't overstuffed)
+ it's a great bag for going places when you don't need to carry much (for a meal, shopping, hanging out with friends or family)
+ it's aesthetically cute (and the oil slick chain is beyond gorgeous!)

Cons:
- it is so small! I could barely fit a compact bifold wallet, keys, and sunglasses in it. Since I also need to carry my inhaler and some other items, it wasn't feasible for me to use it as an everyday bag.
- if you end up overstuffing the bag (since it's so small), the shapes of the items push outwards against the leather and form little mountain peaks and that ends up stretching the leather.
- the chain is heavy. It's great quality but HEAVY. And if you ever put the bag down on a hard surface, the chain will make SUCH a racket, you would think you're that ghost from A Christmas Carol! I put the bag down on a table in a mall's food court and the sound it made was horrific. Since then, I've always gingerly lowered it, first the bag then then lowering the chain slowly. I ended up buying a leather strap with gold hardware and using it with the bag to make it lighter and less of a noisemaker, but since I wanted to use the oil slick chain, I kept switching back and forth between it.
- normal wear and tear-wise (of a period of on and off usage over a year), the leather at the back of the bag that is against my body has become shiny and flat. It doesn't have the same 'leather' look as the rest of the bag. It's like the texture has been rubbed off.
- the clasp on the bag is really a pain to use, especially if you have a lot in the bag. The area that the clasp sits against on the bag has become shiny and flat (wear and tear like described in the point above). The clasp also will leave a dent in the bag if kept clasped when it's stored, so I always unclasp it when I'm not using it, even if it's just overnight.

It is such a gorgeous bag, but it just isn't functional for me. I prefer the Love crossbody, which is the perfect size for everything I need, although the chain does bother me if I'm carrying it for long periods of time.