Mini Luggage Vs. Kelly: which one to get?

Matchmaker90210

is chaneling Coco!
Hi everyone I was wondering if you could give me your opinion on which bag I should get...

I was trying to decide between the Kelly and the Celine mini luggage. I really don't own a lot of purses, mostly I just carry an orange GHW Birkin but I have fibromyalgia and this bag if I carry it for a long time gives me arm/shoulder pain. I wanted to switch some days out for something a little bit lighter and smaller.

What I like about the Celine it is a good looking of the moment bag with a unique design, I was thinking of getting it in black or maybe a nice color like blue or green. I am young (29), so it seems to be a younger bag.

The benefit of Hermes is I work with high end clients and many of them recognize my birkin and it is almost a symbol that I am doing well in my business, this is why I was leaning towards a Kelly and was thinking of splurging on a red Croc Kelly for my 30th birthday.

My style is very classic/polished and a little dramatic (think Dolce and Gabbana and Prada)

Please let me know what you think!!

shumster

O.G.
Jul 23, 2009
Texas
The Kelly! From your description of your lifestyle and personal style, it sounds like the Kelly would serve you well. And I'm all about Celine!

jennyliu87

O.G.
Apr 5, 2009
They are at totally different price levels. 1 hermes = 4 celines. If money is not a consideration for you, go for Kelly.

samouu

Jun 3, 2011
GVA
Kelly too, I don't own a luggage myself but I heard it is heavy (one of the reason I don't buy it for school), so if the birkin is heavy for you I guess the luggage would be the same thing.

Any opinions from luggage owners?

unoma

I wish i was rich :)
Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 10, 2008
EUROPE
I vote for Celine because you already have a Birkin bag.
Celine is the hit bag now and you will enjoy her. You can always get a Croc Kelly for your 31st Birthday:smile:.
Get a Black or blue Celine.
Good luck

L.Vuitton.Freak

Jason W
Aug 27, 2011
Perth, Western Australia
I would say the Kelly... It would be a sight to behold!! Also a Kelly Sellier would suit your style more as it is more structured and hence formal looking. I would also suggest you to maybe get the 35cm Kelly Red Croc w/ GHW Sellier... Oh man that would be a sight to behold, and a wonderful gift to yourself!!

Good Luck on deciding and if you do decide to get a Kelly, let the one sided relationship with H start all over again!! :graucho:

L.Vuitton.Freak

Jason W
Aug 27, 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Sorry OP, I didn't read the above posts, but in reply to these comments:

They are at totally different price levels. 1 hermes = 4 celines. If money is not a consideration for you, go for Kelly.
Mind you, it is a CROCODILE Kelly = Maybe 8 Celines or something like that = New car...

Kelly! Different league. I have the Celine luggage and they're not light especially when you start putting your essentials in ;)
Oh yes, I must agree with you.. I tried on a 40cm Clemence Birkin and honestly they are not as heavy as they say it is... although empty it is actually quite light... On the other hand, I lifted an EMPTY Stamped Croc Phantom and honestly I felt as if I was lifting bricks... Imagine once you start putting things in it... Boy its gonna be like carrying your house in it... Literally! :smile:

I love my mini luggage, but it is heavy! I've never held a Birkin, but I think the luggage would be heavier than that.
Oops... well anyways, the quote above is also for you too...