Mini Lou So Black Hardware - black paint wear and tear - seeking for your opinion

Sarenkaldn

May 2, 2014
Hello,

Two days ago I bought a mini lou black with black hardware which I absolutely love! It was love front the first sight :love: However, I have noticed that after only few openings and closings of the bag, the p lack paint started coming off the zipper. Has anyone experienced this?

I would like to find out whether this is a defect and I should take it back to YSL to have it fixed or something absolutely normal, which happened to all of the owners of the so black YSL bags.

Would love to know your opinion :smile::heart:

IMG_20200718_173405.jpg

IMG_20200718_173439.jpg

IMG_20200719_123057.jpg

IMG_20200719_123023.jpg

IMG_20200719_123126.jpg

Screenshot_20200719_140643.jpg

Last edited:
Please take it back to your SA! It’s only been two days! Good luck and pls keep us posted! I am so sorry this happened to you! Your bag is gorgeous!

Reactions: Sarenkaldn
That is definitely a defect if you've had it for only 2 days.
Ohhh, that is not good then :sad: yes, I haven't even get a chance to use the bag yet. I am scared that more paint will start coming off. I am curious whether this is happening to other owners of so black bags that come with zipper. I understand that the zipper will be regularly used and that eventually the movement could cause some chipping of the paint. But this is a brand new bag and already it is so noticeable. I am torn whether I should accept it because it is "normal" or I should do something about it-contact YSL. I am still withing 28 return policy.

Please take it back to your SA! It’s only been two days! Good luck and pls keep us posted! I am so sorry this happened to you! Your bag is gorgeous!
Thank you so much :heart: I will take her back to the store. My SA replied offering me a replacement for another so black bag or different model. I am so in love with so black bag but my worry is that the zipper may start chipping same as on the bag I own right now. I will keep you updated!

Thank you so much :heart: I will take her back to the store. My SA replied offering me a replacement for another so black bag or different model. I am so in love with so black bag but my worry is that the zipper may start chipping same as on the bag I own right now. I will keep you updated!

I've been eyeing the Mini Lou in black hardware too! Please do keep us posted if you have any issues after replacement! I was hoping to use this as an "every day" bag.. so hopefully it was a once off defect for you.. :sad:

Reactions: Sarenkaldn