Mini Kelly II or Mini Bolide?

Mini Kelly II or Mini Bolide

• Total voters
I believe the Mini Kelly is hard to get. It’s also a Kelly after all. It may not be easy as a new customer to Hermès. As much as I love the cute look of it. It’s really not practical. Especially these days, you have to carry your phone everywhere... Mini bolide is not as hard to get. Attached some action shots. The girl with the mini Kelly is taller than me but you get the idea.
file dec 06, 11 51 34 pm.jpgIMG_3508.jpg

Both?
I love my mini bolide, but it’s a bit awkward to carry crossbody. It doesn’t lay flat against the body and the strap gets in the way of opening the top, as someone else mentioned. Also, as I add more stuff it gets harder to find things inside. I don’t have this problem with a Kelly, perhaps because it opens wider? But I like that the bolide is quite under-the-radar and think it could work for any occasion
Btw, I find Kelly 25 easier to wear crossbody (with a canvas strap), but it’s much bigger.

Reactions: kamquatt
@kamquatt May I ask if you've seen or considered the mini Plume II?
plume-ii-mini-bag--073468CK7T-.jpg
Just a suggestion as those who own the mini Bolide gripe about it not sitting flush. The mini Plume should sit flush given its shape? I've tried one in the past but I didn't try it on crossbody, only on the shoulder though. Just a thought for another equally under the radar bag.

Otherwise, I think you pretty much know what would work better for you - a mini Bolide 1923 and a Kelly 25. I own the latter and love it. :heart:

I vote mini Bolide for the reason you mention, it will fit a phone. If you can afford it then get a K25

Yes I was thinking about going this route. But I will want to wait for a bit before the K25 because I don't think it suits me at this age yet. It'll give me some time to save up! It makes more sense because I won't get a Bolide in any size larger than a mini, but I'm all right with the K25 because it still looks pretty small.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/which-of-these-2-mini-styles-to-choose-help.995147/

Someone else asked the same question before, perhaps this thread might help you~

Good luck, it is a sweet decision to make and you can't go wrong with either one!

Thank you for this link!

View attachment 4326951
Just a suggestion as those who own the mini Bolide gripe about it not sitting flush. The mini Plume should sit flush given its shape? I've tried one in the past but I didn't try it on crossbody, only on the shoulder though. Just a thought for another equally under the radar bag.

Otherwise, I think you pretty much know what would work better for you - a mini Bolide 1923 and a Kelly 25. I own the latter and love it. :heart:

Oh I've never heard of the Plume, so thank you for bringing it to my attention! How much can you fit in your K25 if I may ask? I'm very much prefer small bags, because I find even my Lindy30 a bit too big

Both?
I love my mini bolide, but it’s a bit awkward to carry crossbody. It doesn’t lay flat against the body and the strap gets in the way of opening the top, as someone else mentioned. Also, as I add more stuff it gets harder to find things inside. I don’t have this problem with a Kelly, perhaps because it opens wider? But I like that the bolide is quite under-the-radar and think it could work for any occasion
Btw, I find Kelly 25 easier to wear crossbody (with a canvas strap), but it’s much bigger.

I've been getting a lot of comments on the K25, so my new strategy may be to go for a Mini Bolide and then a K25:heart: Thanks for sharing how it's like to wear the Mini Bolide crossbody - not having it sit flat against my body may get cumbersome after some time.

Reactions: periogirl28
View attachment 4326951

Photos do not do justice to this bag. I didn’t realize how chic and dainty it was until I held one. Try it before before you make your decision.
I think a Bolide is very cute as a small bag but it’s a bag that it’s meant to be bigger. I’m a Kelly super fan and would vote for the Kelly, but if you don’t have one yet, save up and go for a size that works for day or night like the 25, instead of the 20. In my experience, cute but not practical usually sits in the closet unused...