Mini Jodie white patent

Hi all! I just got a replacement mini Jodie as there was a defect with my first one and the shape of this one looks really off to me! Does any else have a patent mini Jodie and does theirs crease like this? And the handle looks strange as well. This new out of the box as I just got this replacement. My other Jodie the shape didn’t not look like this it was smooth and flat so I’m not sure if I’m being overly picky or this looks weird AF. Thank you

C2344B27-3B13-41FA-96DD-36D2CF829247.jpeg

A11EF287-5E10-4AEB-979B-0F68DFCAB654.jpeg

6FAE0B7C-DF60-47DA-9A71-40F79BC6526F.jpeg

EB988A2F-DB5B-472F-98DD-AD789659AD45.jpeg

F8978F53-DCD6-41A0-B75C-C4351D692DCB.jpeg

E4803A35-DEAB-411E-AE36-DD971EC033B6.jpeg

C31A7B0E-527F-4463-BA6F-186E8802A1C9.jpeg

766C9ACC-DEB5-4D38-8D35-7A79E0DAEBAD.jpeg

Hi all! I just got a replacement mini Jodie as there was a defect with my first one and the shape of this one looks really off to me! Does any else have a patent mini Jodie and does theirs crease like this? And the handle looks strange as well. This new out of the box as I just got this replacement. My other Jodie the shape didn’t not look like this it was smooth and flat so I’m not sure if I’m being overly picky or this looks weird AF. Thank you

View attachment 5719680

View attachment 5719681

View attachment 5719682

View attachment 5719683

View attachment 5719684

View attachment 5719685

View attachment 5719686

View attachment 5719687
Well, it’s patent leather, and it’s brand new. With a little use it should relax a titch, but not by much, to be honest. It looks beautiful to me :heart:

I agree with you. It looks wonky. I looked at their website and noticed there was a lot of variation in the exact shape of the handles but none were as misshapen looking as the one they sent you.

Yours has a sharp crick opposite the knot. The ones on the website show a much more curved handle. I also think there is too much of an indentation just under the knot of yours, as compared to what is shown online. Also, the crease that you show in a close up is pretty extreme, and again, not seen in the bags online. That crease is likely a lot of what is causing the crick in the handle.

It is such a small bag that these shape malformations are going to make it harder to use, especially the zipper which is going to be more difficult to access and pull.

It's certainly possible that patent leather is too stiff to bend in the necessary ways to make this a successful shape/material pairing. It gaps excessively in places where there are more curves. The white color shows these gaps more prominently because the black shadows are a contrast to the white. The shine is also going to make the flaws more noticeable. I think in a white patent leather, the bag needs to be nearly perfect to not see any flaws at all, but even with that in mind, I do think you are right to question this one as being more misshapen than it should be.

Bottom line, this bag is all about the cute shape. The shape on the one they sent you has issues. Whether or not it can be "fixed" is questionable. It's not like a more natural leather that you could steam and shape - it's patent leather. I don't know if that can even be reshaped without taking it to a professional. And honestly, at these prices, you shouldn't have to fix anything anyway. It should have come in good form.

1676593126481.png

Look at the negative space between the handle and the bag. Yours is very squashed compared to the ones on their website. Again, whether that can be fixed, I don't know, but unless you bought this at a discount as a "seconds" I would send it back.

1676594510392.png

I agree with you. It looks wonky. I looked at their website and noticed there was a lot of variation in the exact shape of the handles but none were as misshapen looking as the one they sent you.

Yours has a sharp crick opposite the knot. The ones on the website show a much more curved handle. I also think there is too much of an indentation just under the knot of yours, as compared to what is shown online. Also, the crease that you show in a close up is pretty extreme, and again, not seen in the bags online. That crease is likely a lot of what is causing the crick in the handle.

It is such a small bag that these shape malformations are going to make it harder to use, especially the zipper which is going to be more difficult to access and pull.

It's certainly possible that patent leather is too stiff to bend in the necessary ways to make this a successful shape/material pairing. It gaps excessively in places where there are more curves. The white color shows these gaps more prominently because the black shadows are a contrast to the white. The shine is also going to make the flaws more noticeable. I think in a white patent leather, the bag needs to be nearly perfect to not see any flaws at all, but even with that in mind, I do think you are right to question this one as being more misshapen than it should be.

Bottom line, this bag is all about the cute shape. The shape on the one they sent you has issues. Whether or not it can be "fixed" is questionable. It's not like a more natural leather that you could steam and shape - it's patent leather. I don't know if that can even be reshaped without taking it to a professional. And honestly, at these prices, you shouldn't have to fix anything anyway. It should have come in good form.

View attachment 5719696
AnnaLou Thank you so much for all your feedback and being so thorough! I really appreciate you taking the time and insightfulness❤️❤️

• Love
Reactions: AnnaLou
AnnaLou Thank you so much for all your feedback and being so thorough! I really appreciate you taking the time and insightfulness❤️❤️
You're so welcome! I feel like this is a place where we come for honest opinions. I don't like to say negative things, but I do want to be honest. And being honest isn't being negative. It's just being objective because I feel like with these purchases we can get caught up in them and then second guess ourselves. In this case, I think your instincts are exactly right. Especially where this isn't exactly a cheap bag you got at a thrift store! It should have come with that Ooh and Ah! feeling and not make you wonder if your glasses were on crooked. lol

I hope you are able to return/exchange it easily for something that does give you that ooh and ah feeling!! :heart: :smile:

Reactions: Euclase