Mini Hammock - thoughts?

Ashykay

Aug 6, 2014
Hi all!
I'm looking to get a versatile bag...one that can go cross body, isn't super bulky, but can also hold a few essentials. I have some really small cross body bags (and daily I use the Gucci Diana etc.), but occasionally I'd like to be able to throw some small snacks and a water bottle in my bag for the kids too.

I was originally set on getting the Louis Vuitton Montsouris BB - as it's small, but can be made into a cross body etc. The price kinda balked me a bit (I'm in Australia too)...so then I started looking at the Prada Nylon Duet bucket bag. But then I wasn't sure if I REALLY loved it.

Then I saw the Loewe mini hammock. I can wear it in many ways, it seems to have ok storage etc. I LOVE the beautiful soft leather look too - I'm keen for something in a beautiful colour but that which is timeless and well made. Most of my bags are LV and Gucci, so this is stepping out there a bit.

Does anyone have any pics of their mini hammock and thoughts on whether it'd suit what I want to use it for?

Thanks all!

Hi there! I was just contemplating the mini hammock last week but did not end up buying it. Hmm I don’t think you can fit essentials plus snacks and bottle. It fits my compact wallet, small cosmetic pouch, phone and keys comfortably with a little bit of room to spare.
What eventually swayed my decision was I find the strap too long for me as I’m very petite. In the pics they’re attached by the drawstrings which I find will stretch in the long run. There are many ways to attach the strap but I find it too cumbersome and insecure due to the wide opening.6A61C337-1FE3-4FDC-B223-89EDAACFEDB8.jpeg67739274-9804-4677-BBE6-C081845EF79E.jpeg1993CAD2-CC61-454A-8834-25AAFA09FCC5.jpeg

Hi there! I was just contemplating the mini hammock last week but did not end up buying it. Hmm I don’t think you can fit essentials plus snacks and bottle. It fits my compact wallet, small cosmetic pouch, phone and keys comfortably with a little bit of room to spare.
What eventually swayed my decision was I find the strap too long for me as I’m very petite. In the pics they’re attached by the drawstrings which I find will stretch in the long run. There are many ways to attach the strap but I find it too cumbersome and insecure due to the wide opening.View attachment 5377907View attachment 5377908View attachment 5377909

Thank you for sharing this! I don't really use a wallet per se (it's just a slim YSL card holder) and just a tiny pouch with medication in it. Did you try it cross body at all? I normally don't wear my bags on the shoulder oddly - usually cross body. I think it's just what I've found most comfortable when managing my kids haha!

Hi all!
I'm looking to get a versatile bag...one that can go cross body, isn't super bulky, but can also hold a few essentials. I have some really small cross body bags (and daily I use the Gucci Diana etc.), but occasionally I'd like to be able to throw some small snacks and a water bottle in my bag for the kids too.

I was originally set on getting the Louis Vuitton Montsouris BB - as it's small, but can be made into a cross body etc. The price kinda balked me a bit (I'm in Australia too)...so then I started looking at the Prada Nylon Duet bucket bag. But then I wasn't sure if I REALLY loved it.

Then I saw the Loewe mini hammock. I can wear it in many ways, it seems to have ok storage etc. I LOVE the beautiful soft leather look too - I'm keen for something in a beautiful colour but that which is timeless and well made. Most of my bags are LV and Gucci, so this is stepping out there a bit.

Does anyone have any pics of their mini hammock and thoughts on whether it'd suit what I want to use it for?

Thanks all!
For what you’re describing, I think a small puzzle would be perfect. It’s smaller than an LV Speedy 25 and weighs hardly anything and can be carried 4 ways easily

Reactions: Indiana