Mini flap opinion needed thx

kaka28

O.G.
May 21, 2006
Hi all, I am looking for a classic mini, originally in square but now have changed my mind to the rectangular. Problem is all the red carvia have been sold out as well as other colours. The only one left is white carvia. The SA said carvia mini might not come back until a couple of seasons later but in your experience is that true??

She has introduced me to the small reissue, small classic and this season herringbone flap (pic) as alternatives. My question is shall I wait or get one of these instead. The small reissue and classic are £2610 vs herringbone flap £1620 vs classic mini £1575.

In terms of fit as crossbody the Herringbone has a shorter strap so it hits just above my hip. This is my only concern and wonder if this will go on sales, if so I will be annoyed.

I did think of the boy but she said it is more of a day bag. So confuse and I need a bag. Any advise will be great, thanks so much.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 479
If your heart is set for red caviar mini rectangle... Then wait for that. If you settle for something else you are always gonna want to get the original one you wanted in first place.....They release reds it seems almost all the time and if not its just a matter of time til they do again... So I'd wait for the next one and see if its the shade of red you love....

I have also been looking for a caviar rectangular mini but in navy and it has been basically impossible to find. I think you need to be on the hunt when they get released and start making calls to SAs right away or you miss out. Once they are gone...that is it. White caviar sounds beautiful BTW...

Thanks for the advise. I did call before the stock came into the store and called after but all were sold out by then. I have even asked if I can be in the wait list because I am definitely buying but the SA said no wait list. I was just not quick enough. I never use a specific SA too so that has probably diminished my chance a bit.

I hope I will get one very soon and soon is just not soon enough.

They release red like every single season in the different sizes, but you never know which stores will get which colors/sizes, so maybe the thing is to be in contact with different stores to get what you want. I think you should wait it out unless you love one of the alternatives. Personally, I think the herringbone bags are super cute and find it hard to believe they would still be around to go on sale, they're so cute, but you never know....

They release red like every single season in the different sizes, but you never know which stores will get which colors/sizes, so maybe the thing is to be in contact with different stores to get what you want. I think you should wait it out unless you love one of the alternatives. Personally, I think the herringbone bags are super cute and find it hard to believe they would still be around to go on sale, they're so cute, but you never know....
Yes I am surprise to hear the store has red, beige, black and navy. Is cute and nice because the lam skin is treated. I love the tag on the chain too but the strap is just a little short fir crossbody. I think I will take everyone advise here and wait for the classic mini.