Mini Flap Bag with Handle

VivianP

Jun 25, 2018
Question - anyone have any thoughts on the Mini Flap Bag with Handle? Chanel came out with some nice colors for fall and I'm considering buying, especially since the price is so reasonable compared to non-handle (only $3700 for the Mini Flap). My only concern is size, has anyone had experience with the new mini size? I was watching YouTube reviews HOWEVER, all of the mini reviews had I assume an older version of the mini which is around 9.5 inches across versus today it's 7.5 inches across. I know it's small, like a WOC, I just wanted to know if it's too small? I would likely carry my phone plus a Chanel coin purse and/or a Chanel Card Holder, plus 1 car key. I think that should be sufficient, but I want to make sure it's not difficult to get in and out of and it's not too too small. I have a YSL WOC and it's even shorter across than that, however I do know it's 3.5 inches deep so more should fit in it. Thank you!!

If you are talking about the new smaller Coco Handle, it's just going to come out the season. I don't think anyones actually has gotten one & posted yet.
Thank you! I ended up calling Chanel and lucky me, the turquoise is in the "new" small (prior mini) size which sets my mind at ease in terms of fitting in the medium boy zip wallet (which is also being released in the same turquoise color). Now i'm just following up every few days with Chanel for when they arrive in boutique so I can place my order!

Here's a link to the 2020/2021 Autum/Winter Mini Coco Handle in Turquoise that I was originally talking about. However, I verified with Chanel that this will also be available in the Small size (which when you look at the measurements, is the previous Mini size). I'm hoping that this color-matching wallet Medium Boy Zip Wallet will fit in the new Small size. I plan to purchase both and carry together, i don't need much space in my handbag, just for the wallet, phone, and 1 car key fob, which as long as the wallet fits in the top opening and in the bag itself, i'm good. This is all I carry today in a LV PM and it's MORE than enough space.

Got mine couple days ago. My SA told me is a small. So I’m not sure if it’s new mini.

Your new bag is beautiful! I can't tell from photos (without measurements) if that's the new mini or not since it's in Chevron print. You can tell with the diamond pattern, as the new mini is 5 diamonds across (7.4 inches across) and the new small is 6 diamonds across (9.4 inches wide).

I was able to reach out to an SA who provided a video that showed the medium boy zip wallet fits perfectly into the new small. I'll attached some screen shots.

As much as it was great working with Chanel Customer Care, I was finally able to get my name officially on the waitlist with an SA for the Turquoise Small that still hasn't hit stores yet :sad: Fingers crossed soon!! Now i'm on the hunt for the boy wallet since the store I reserved the bag at isn't getting the wallet :sad:

Size.jpg

Open.jpg

Wallet.jpg