Mini Dior or Chanel

bagwathi

O.G.
Jun 15, 2012
I need to buy a small read as "mini bag" in Black, completely confused if I should buy Mini Lady Dior or small Chanel Bag. I know this is a Dior thread hence there would be biased opinion however some of you have both so would be able to guide me fairly as to what would look the best!!

Any inputs on pricing of Mini Black Dior with GW would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I believe there is a small for 9", I am not sure how much that is now after the increase, maybe 4200 or 4400? The chain on the small can be adjusted so, you can wear single or double strap but not cross body as the chain is too short. it is similar to the photo posted but smaller.

And the smallest would be a mini at 8" for 2900. Mini can be worn crossbody. Minis are hard to come by and I heard there is long waitlist for the bags.

GL on your decision. I only have Chanel but looking into buying pochette in the NLP or Miss Dior style. I wished I had discovered Dior earlier.

this is a tough decision! both are similarly priced currently at $2900 (price already increased) for the Chanel mini flap and $2800 (price will soon increase so this will be higher) for the micro Lady Dior. what will you be using it for? daily or as an evening bag?

the patent looks amazing with ghw and so cute in the micro size.

is this the chanel you are considering?

alexa-chung-and-chanel-classic-mini-flap-bag-gallery.jpg

I love the look of the Chanel flap in their classic size m/l. The mini flap doesn't appeal to me as much. My vote is for the micro Lady Dior. I like lamb more than patent in this size.

The large is about 25cm, mini flap have 2 sizes, 17cm and 20cm, the pic is showing the 17cm one on this model.

Yeah. That's the square mini on Alexa Chung. The 20cm one is the 8" rectangular mini.
OP, I think it also depends how you want to carry the mini. The shoulder strap on the mini Dior is much shorter so you can't carry it crossbody. Same for the M/L Chanel which is shown several posts up. As for Chanel mini, it's best carried crossbody due to their longer chain and you can double up the chain to carry it on the shoulder.

The 2.55 a.k.a reissue comes in mini to large sizes- 224 (8") to 227 (12.5"). They all come with double flaps and have all just seen price increases.

I like that the mini Dior is less common than Chanel, so my vote goes to that one - either lamb or patent is great!

But if you want to diversify, perhaps a Chanel mini might be a good idea too. Ugh, get both!!

Yeah. That's the square mini on Alexa Chung. The 20cm one is the 8" rectangular mini.
OP, I think it also depends how you want to carry the mini. The shoulder strap on the mini Dior is much shorter so you can't carry it crossbody. Same for the M/L Chanel which is shown several posts up. As for Chanel mini, it's best carried crossbody due to their longer chain and you can double up the chain to carry it on the shoulder.

The 2.55 a.k.a reissue comes in mini to large sizes- 224 (8") to 227 (12.5"). They all come with double flaps and have all just seen price increases.

I like that the mini Dior is less common than Chanel, so my vote goes to that one - either lamb or patent is great!

But if you want to diversify, perhaps a Chanel mini might be a good idea too. Ugh, get both!!

Thanks for the details, I love the mini flap more than mini dior because of the chanel flap can wear like crossbody! 😍

I am thinking you would want a mini in chanel? Lamb or caviar they increased to 2900 I believe.

I believe there is a small for 9", I am not sure how much that is now after the increase, maybe 4200 or 4400? The chain on the small can be adjusted so, you can wear single or double strap but not cross body as the chain is too short. it is similar to the photo posted but smaller.

And the smallest would be a mini at 8" for 2900. Mini can be worn crossbody. Minis are hard to come by and I heard there is long waitlist for the bags.

GL on your decision. I only have Chanel but looking into buying pochette in the NLP or Miss Dior style. I wished I had discovered Dior earlier.

If, you want the cross body option then the mini is what you are looking for @ 2900, in Chanel. They come in two sizes, a square and rectangle. I like the black patent, if you go for the mini lady Dior. G L

I would have trouble choosing between these as well. Would you like to be able to carry your bag by hand as well as wearing it over the shoulder? If so, then go with the Lady Dior. If you won't ever carry the bag with the top-handles, then get the Chanel.