Mini Dilemma

no5

O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
Hello all...ok so I have a mini dilemma.

I have a square black from 18S with the larger caviar grains. Its in silver hardware.
I think I prefer the smaller grained caviar but have not seen this seasons in black in person. I have the dark pink but feel that is not as matt as what this season's black (18B) looks like.
I have the opportunity to source an 18B black and wondering whether I should, on the basis that we are unlikely to see caviar minis until next year now. If I did I could then sell one, or keep both, not sure?
For those who have this seasons caviar mini in black and have had or seen 18S do you have any preferences having seen both??
What should I do? Should I source the 18B black on the basis that I prefer the smaller grain and we might not see black caviar square minis in silver hardware for some time. Not really sure what to do.
Or should I wait it out until next year? Please help!

I have the black mini caviar from this season and I think it is great. The 18s is more shiny and soft but I think having more structure is a plus. I have a pink mini from 18s that I find really hard to use because it is so soft and so easily deformed by the contents. I actually prefer the 18b caviar because I can actually carry things in my bag without having to worry about the bag puffing out along the sides.

I have an 18B black caviar mini. Really love the sturdiness of this season’s leather and since minis don’t have the double flap, this was a really important factor for me. Like @Tykhe mentioned above, the structure of the 18B minis are amazing.

I noticed that the shine on the leather did vary. Mine has a light sheen whereas others from the same shipment was more matte. The smaller grains look better in the minis imo. Hope this helped!

Reactions: no5
I have an 18B black caviar mini. Really love the sturdiness of this season’s leather and since minis don’t have the double flap, this was a really important factor for me. Like @Tykhe mentioned above, the structure of the 18B minis are amazing.

I noticed that the shine on the leather did vary. Mine has a light sheen whereas others from the same shipment was more matte. The smaller grains look better in the minis imo. Hope this helped!
Thanks chaneldoll90. This is really helpful too. I think I am going to bite the bullet and get it. I can then compare with my 18S and decide whether I want to sell that one. I have to say just from my dark pink 18B which is made in France the quality seems to be very durable and good this season but I know that has not been uniform across the board. I have never been one to take note of where the bag is made but these made in France ones this season seem to be good quality from what I have seen and again I am not sure when we will see this quality of caviar and made in France again on minis, probably next year if that so I may as well go for it. Do you see how I have talked myself into it :graucho:

I understand what you mean. In general I’m attracted to the smaller nodes. I think it would make a huge difference in my decision o purchase. In addition, I seem to prefer the matte caviar (apparently not as popular) to the shiny caviar.

Thank you allycat0303. I have bought an 18B and it makes my heart flutter just from the pictures. It hasn’t arrived yet. So I think I will probably sell my 18S. I think I know now that my preference is the smaller grain. I also think with black the colour is more saturated with smaller grain and as @ chaneldoll said the structure on the 18B seems to be great

Thank you allycat0303. I have bought an 18B and it makes my heart flutter just from the pictures. It hasn’t arrived yet. So I think I will probably sell my 18S. I think I know now that my preference is the smaller grain. I also think with black the colour is more saturated with smaller grain and as @ chaneldoll said the structure on the 18B seems to be great
Hello, I might be late to give my opinion since you already made a decision. But I just want to tell you that I prefer the 18B caviar black in a heartbeat. I don’t own both as I’d prefer lambskin for my black mini but I have tried both of them when I was making my purchase (I was considering between caviar and lambskin). While I like the shine on color caviar 18S, I do not like it on black. It makes it too shiny and make too much of a white reflection in bright lighting and the black itself is not saturated unless in darker room. 18B has only a little shine to it but not matte. The smaller grain also makes it more saturated and luxurious look. Hope you enjoy your new bag and sell the 18S with no difficulty.

Just to share I am also like you but in lambskin. I bought my mini black lamb 18S and acquired the same one from 18B. My friend called me crazy as they are identical but the 18B leather and puffiness is just to die for, lol. I sold my 18S just recently. Now I am peaceful :smile:

Reactions: Richelle314
no5,

Will you let me know how the 18B is in terms of shine? I emailed a seller about how shiny vs matte it is... they weren’t sure how to call it.

I also think shiny might be variable amoung the different purses. I’m following your thread closely. So I can decide.

I’m quite on the opposition here :doh:. I loved the 18S caviar cos the larger grains reminded me of the Classic caviar. But settled for the available 18B.

But after reading everyone’s post here... they are right. I’ve attached several illustrations.

18S clutch vs 18B sq mini
18B sq mini vs 18B jumbo pink

First the structure of my mini is impeccable! While the back pocket of my clutch showing flattened quilts :sad:. How does your 18S mini back quilts coming along? Cos i’ve seen many gorgeous perfect quilts 18S mini. Looking puffier than 18B.

And the 18B pink vs black... u can see the pink has more shine. And also softer irl. 18B Black is definitely a tougher cookie :smile:.

Attachments

• B64A962A-9FF5-450E-8031-7ACEF33B7541.jpeg
    B64A962A-9FF5-450E-8031-7ACEF33B7541.jpeg
    251.2 KB · Views: 1,249
  • C3C883A2-9E56-4A31-99DA-C3827B2EB80A.jpeg
    C3C883A2-9E56-4A31-99DA-C3827B2EB80A.jpeg
    336.9 KB · Views: 1,244
  • 306374DB-A989-4979-8822-96D953883C5E.jpeg
    306374DB-A989-4979-8822-96D953883C5E.jpeg
    215.6 KB · Views: 1,261
  • F1F76AEE-DAC8-468E-A3F1-35F64B7941BA.jpeg
    F1F76AEE-DAC8-468E-A3F1-35F64B7941BA.jpeg
    227.5 KB · Views: 1,250
Although I must add. One thing bugging me is the 18B has the sides poking out. It is made in France. Is your 18S mini like that? My 18S made in Italy sqs aren’t. I’ve seen many 18B minis having this look.

Attachments

• D16EFADF-46C3-4687-B703-8370184039AA.jpeg
    D16EFADF-46C3-4687-B703-8370184039AA.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 1,221
Revangelina,

Your pictures are SO perfect. Thank you!!!

I am more settled then ever that I NEED an 18B... I’m talking to a reputable seller online. I asked about the Matt vs shiny and didn’t get a great response (she said she would have said it’s in the middle).

But she did say that it’s a fine module, so I think it’s an 18B. Going to follow up

Hello, I might be late to give my opinion since you already made a decision. But I just want to tell you that I prefer the 18B caviar black in a heartbeat. I don’t own both as I’d prefer lambskin for my black mini but I have tried both of them when I was making my purchase (I was considering between caviar and lambskin). While I like the shine on color caviar 18S, I do not like it on black. It makes it too shiny and make too much of a white reflection in bright lighting and the black itself is not saturated unless in darker room. 18B has only a little shine to it but not matte. The smaller grain also makes it more saturated and luxurious look. Hope you enjoy your new bag and sell the 18S with no difficulty.

Just to share I am also like you but in lambskin. I bought my mini black lamb 18S and acquired the same one from 18B. My friend called me crazy as they are identical but the 18B leather and puffiness is just to die for, lol. I sold my 18S just recently. Now I am peaceful :smile:

Thanks Iana24 this is helpful too and I have to agree with you. I totally get what you mean that the 18S on the caviar has a white reflection which means that it loses its richness of colour. I will post a picture of my 18S in bright sunlight and its totally visible. I have not yet received my 18B but from what I can see as others have descibed like @chaneldoll90 the 18B black appears to have nice sheen to it without being too matte.

It’s also very interesting what you say about lambskin as until last year all my bags have been lambskin so I am a big lambskin lover. I recall your posts regarding your dilemma and the puffiness was beaute on the 18B. Perhaps that is why I am drawn to the smaller grain because to me anyway, and I appreciate everyone sees it differently, it looks more luxe like lambskin. Thank you for your post it has really helped :heart::smile:

no5,

Will you let me know how the 18B is in terms of shine? I emailed a seller about how shiny vs matte it is... they weren’t sure how to call it.

I also think shiny might be variable amoung the different purses. I’m following your thread closely. So I can decide.
Sure thing! Once I get my 18B I will post comparison pictures. I have to say that pictures of my 18S don’t reflect in how it is in real life.What I mean by that is in the pictures it looks super shiny which it is but in real life it kind of loses its colour saturation because of the shine reflection like this.......

BD505D19-0D8F-4172-B441-6E11C8724904.jpeg

Whereas from the pictures of the 18B still retains its colour saturation with a nice sheen. I think the 18B wins for me hands down but I appreciate that everyone likes different things. Hope this helps :smile: