Mini Constance 18 in malachite. Yes or no?

nycmarilyn

O.G.
Sep 6, 2007
I have a chance to get a malachite Constance mini GHW from the boutique. I've always wanted a neutral Constance for casual outfits but a little unsure about malachite. I know the Constance is pretty rare and I may never get a chance to own a one again. What do you guys think? Any opinion would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :smile:

I think malachite is beautiful. Is it in Epsom? My concern is more the size. 18cm is tiny and does not hold a lot. If money is not an issue I would get it. If it is, I would hold out for a true neutral. While a Constance is rare, it is not impossible to get. My home store, which does not have great inventory, gets them from time to time and so I have not hesitated to turn one down when it was not quite what I wanted.

I think malachite is beautiful. Is it in Epsom? My concern is more the size. 18cm is tiny and does not hold a lot. If money is not an issue I would get it. If it is, I would hold out for a true neutral. While a Constance is rare, it is not impossible to get. My home store, which does not have great inventory, gets them from time to time and so I have not hesitated to turn one down when it was not quite what I wanted.

Thanks for your input! Yes in Epsom. I have always wanted an 18cm but wish it were more "neutral."

Have you seen it IRL? Malachite in Epsom is beautiful. True, it is not a neutral like an étoupe or a etain. I think you will have to see it in person and see whether it "sings" to you despite it not being a neutral. I look forward to seeing what you decide!

Do you even like the color malachite? If you are so so about the color then I'd say pass. If that is a color you have been liking but just didn't picture it on a constance then I'd say give it a chance unless the size of bag is too small for you. While I don't consider malachite a neutral I can see it being worn almost as much as a neutral especially if your wardrobe is heavy on neutral colors already. So for me it all comes down to whether or not malachite is a color you like and size of bag.

Malachite is gorgeous. I have seen the Constance élan in malachite and in Epsom. Great color in Epsom. I have two bags in malachite and a Constance wallet. I can take a pic later and post it so you can see it.

YES!!!! malachite with GHW is STUNNING!!!!! it is a "color" yes, but it is muted and toned down but still rich and jewel-like (unlike bambou or menthe or grany which are POP greens), i think you will get lots of use out of this bag!!!! and constance in GHW is SUPER RARE. i am dying on envy!!! :loveeyes:

p.s. my BE constance is an 18cm and it is big enough to hold essentials, and the strap is long enough to be worn crossbody. the 23/24 cm constance (MM) has a shorter strap so most people cannot wear it crossbody comfortably.

Last year I kept seeing malachite online and it looked so-so to me. Then I saw one at the store and it was a very pretty medium-dark green color. It's not as bright as bamboo and not khaki-ish like canope. In GHW, it'd look stunning. I believe it can be used day to day depending on the colors of your wardrobe. G'luck deciding.

Hi everyone, I have been wanting to get a Constance for a long time, pretty much in any color or HW, but my local SA told me that Constance bag is only available one or two through out the entire year, and only offered to the VIP costumers, I own a Birkin Lindy and GP also some slg from Hermes, really wanted a Constance bag, any tips or advice? Thx