Mansur Gavriel Mini Cloud Leather Clutch Reviews

@southernbelle43 A bit late, but congrats! Isn’t this bag amazing? I like it so much I’ve got it in Black/Flamma (which I haven’t been able to change out of, I like it that much), Spiga (a gorgeous yellow reminiscent of Bottega Veneta’s “Duchesse”, and a solid Flamma (the red - it is the perfect red, which I knew right off when I bought the Black Cloud Clutch with the Flamma interior). I hope to force myself to change into the Spiga here pretty quick, since Spring will pass us by if I don’t pay attention...
My second one arrived today. A black one. :drinks:

I got my second cloud clutch yesterday, the black one. I liked the blush one so much I wanted one that I could use daily without worrying about the light color. I am really surprised at the difference in the lamb leather. The blush is silky soft. The black is much "rougher" for lack of a better term. I think that black dye does this, or so I have read on other posts about it altering the feel. Nevertheless I like them both. And I never thought I would be a clutch person.

I got my second cloud clutch yesterday, the black one. I liked the blush one so much I wanted one that I could use daily without worrying about the light color. I am really surprised at the difference in the lamb leather. The blush is silky soft. The black is much "rougher" for lack of a better term. I think that black dye does this, or so I have read on other posts about it altering the feel. Nevertheless I like them both. And I never thought I would be a clutch person.

Could you please post a picture of both of your bags together? I think I want to get one but only learned of them yesterday. Thanks!

That's interesting. My mini cloud clutch just arrived (and I love it!) but now I'm considering getting one in the biscotto color to see the difference, and I've also realized that black doesn't go with most of my clothes :no:. @southernbelle43, do you think I should return the black one and get it in biscotto?

That's interesting. My mini cloud clutch just arrived (and I love it!) but now I'm considering getting one in the biscotto color to see the difference, and I've also realized that black doesn't go with most of my clothes :no:. @southernbelle43, do you think I should return the black one and get it in biscotto?
It is strictly a matter of preference. I love the blush one, but even as laid back as I am about bags (I USE them) I know that with a light color I have to be rather careful about color transfer, stains from oil on my hands, etc. So I wanted one that I can carry and use without any worries at all. I am keeping both. The black one is still soft, squishy and lovely. It just does not have the silky feel of the light one.

Reactions: JenJBS and Ellie243
It is strictly a matter of preference. I love the blush one, but even as laid back as I am about bags (I USE them) I know that with a light color I have to be rather careful about color transfer, stains from oil on my hands, etc. So I wanted one that I can carry and use without any worries at all. I am keeping both. The black one is still soft, squishy and lovely. It just does not have the silky feel of the light one.
Hmm I think I'll wait to see if I like the one I have. And maybe if I still want another one at the end of the year, I'll get it!

Could you please post a picture of both of your bags together? I think I want to get one but only learned of them yesterday. Thanks!
Sure. Another thing. The blush one is preowned and has been handled more, so that softened it some. The black one is preowned, but new, never used. It will also soften as I use it. My advice is buy the one you LOVE and use it. Worrying about a slight difference in texture is not worth it, truly.
Sorry about the kitchen shots but I am making taco shells and had to make sure they do not burn, lol. Both bags are empty.
16B78DFD-B782-4933-937D-BC8F29357C52.jpeg579DE0C3-157E-40FA-B60A-1666144D0ABE.jpegE13D9A80-8688-48B3-A763-7E6D8BCEE877.jpeg

Sure. Another thing. The blush one is preowned and has been handled more, so that softened it some. The black one is preowned, but new, never used. It will also soften as I use it. My advice is buy the one you LOVE and use it. Worrying about a slight difference in texture is not worth it, truly.
Sorry about the kitchen shots but I am making taco shells and had to make sure they do not burn, lol. Both bags are empty.
View attachment 5028104View attachment 5028105View attachment 5028106
Congrats those are two beauties, I think I need one too.

Reactions: JenJBS
For those with the mini cloud, what’s it like to open and close? I worry that without a tab or something to hold onto, I might end up scratching or wearing the leather trying to pull the two sides of the frame apart, kwim?

Hi all! May I please ask, does anyone use the mini cloud clutch with the strap? What do you think? I’m considering the orange (sole) color, I think it could be worn year-round...

Reactions: JenJBS
Hi all! May I please ask, does anyone use the mini cloud clutch with the strap? What do you think? I’m considering the orange (sole) color, I think it could be worn year-round...

If I got a Mini Cloud I'd use the strap, or get a gold Coach Dinky strap to use. Speaking of the Sole color... A kind SA sent me a comparison pic of the Sole and Spiga. I'm liking the Sole a lot more than I thought I would.

Sole.png