"MINI CITY" 2012 colours and comparison pics

The labor entailed is just about the same,if not more difficult as it is small So defnitely more meticulousAnd time-consuming to manufacture; as well as hardware on the Mini City is the same as on a Giant City.
Only difference is amount of leather used but thats not so substantial, so price is steep but justified.
The bulk of the price of a high-end product percentage-wise is on labor costs, unless it's croc then that raises the price to the roof.

I agree with you. From what I know the leather is not that expensive. But do you think labor cost is? I can see these bags have a lot of work on them. I would be ridiculous saying they are not worth it since I keep on buying them. But I think the Town for example or the First are less expensive than the mini City if I am correct. Anyway, the truth is if you like something very much and it attracts you a lot, you sometimes ignore the cost and don't make comparisons.

I am in the manufacturing business, and I can attest to the fact that it is indeed more difficult to produce a smaller version than a bigger version so labor costs are higher.
Definitely labor costs are expensive everywhere but in Asia and some parts of Eastern Europe and S. America, where the labor force is cheap since abused and exploited.

I am in the manufacturing business, and I can attest to the fact that it is indeed more difficult to produce a smaller version than a bigger version so labor costs are higher.
Definitely labor costs are expensive everywhere but in Asia and some parts of Eastern Europe and S. America, where the labor force is cheap since abused and exploited.
Since you are in the business you know first hand then. Yes in Asia they are cheap as workers are being exploited as you say, I can't know about the rest of the world but in many European countries the wages are ridiculously low for the work those poor people produce and the money those companies make, believe me. Anyway, miniatures were always more expensive to tell the truth in other products as well so ... I just wouldn't give that money for the specific bag but that's only my opinion. There are others who think I am crazy spending so much on Bal bags and that is their opinion. Thanks for the information though.:hugs:

I would just like to point out that, my people are paid handsomely well for the work that they do, so my price point is higher for the products we manufacture.
My family and I are very benevolent towards people who work for us.
The whole company is like one big happy family.
Although with the decreased sales volume brought about by the worsening global economic condition, it has been difficult for us.

:smile:

Since you are in the business you know first hand then. Yes in Asia they are cheap as workers are being exploited as you say, I can't know about the rest of the world but in many European countries the wages are ridiculously low for the work those poor people produce and the money those companies make, believe me. Anyway, miniatures were always more expensive to tell the truth in other products as well so ... I just wouldn't give that money for the specific bag but that's only my opinion. There are others who think I am crazy spending so much on Bal bags and that is their opinion. Thanks for the information though.:hugs:

It is good to know that there are still people like you and your family pbdb and I know how good it is working for a company that appreciates you. If there were more people like you things might have been different in the world where greed reins. I am hopeful that we will all overcome this crisis which has made our lives difficult. :sunshine:

You are the sweetest cat!!
Thanks for your wonderful words of encouragement!:hugs::hugs:

It is good to know that there are still people like you and your family pbdb and I know how good it is working for a company that appreciates you. If there were more people like you things might have been different in the world where greed reins. I am hopeful that we will all overcome this crisis which has made our lives difficult. :sunshine:

I would just like to point out that, my people are paid handsomely well for the work that they do, so my price point is higher for the products we manufacture.
My family and I are very benevolent towards people who work for us.
The whole company is like one big happy family.
Although with the decreased sales volume brought about by the worsening global economic condition, it has been difficult for us.

I APPLAUD you :woohoo: !!! Sadly, you're right .. so many companies now (and I can speak from the Financial sector) are taking such advantage of the folks in Asia and their cheap rates. The executives are the ones that see the $$$ in their pockets, certainly not the folks at my level .. who end up working even longer hours due to the time difference and additional oversight that is required (since they don't know the domestic business). I've always said that .. truly, there are 2 major items that companies should take care of:
1) intellectual capital - and YES, that includes the knowledge that your folks have
2) your workers - they are the best resource you have

You abuse either of the above, and over time .. your business will not continue. We've kept afloat because of selling off the less profitable "areas" .. in addition to buying other companies which bring special/unique things to the table. That cannot be sustained over time though. I can't even tell you how many times (during the work week) that I say "penny wise, pound foolish" .. and these are FINANCE people?!?! Yikes ...