Mini Cabat on a tall gal?

LT bag lady

MASTER ENABLER
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
Any Mini Cabat owners out there taller than 5'7"? A GF is considering a Mini (before they are all gone other than Ebano & Nero) but she is 5'8" and concerned it might be too small for her height... BV SA told her it would be too small for her...

Any input would be helpful!
TIA!

LT - I have gone back and forth on the mini. In fact, I had Sbelle email me pics of her mini next to a Mulberry Bayswater for comparison. While, I think a mini would be fine (I am 5'8"), we are all so used to larger bags that it's hard to go back to a smaller one.

I'll put it this way, if I could have multiple Cabats, I would prefer nero or ebano in the medium, but a bright color like orchid or anemone, I would be pretty darn happy with a mini.

I totally disagree! A mini is not a small bag! Somewhere I have pictures of it compared to some other bags....I am going to have to look.

here we go...

I don't think any of these other bags would be too small for someone over 5 ft. 7....

DSC01341.jpg
DSC01337.jpg
DSC01330.jpg

DSC01319.jpg

DSC01333.jpg

Last edited:
Lucy, you are right!! I think the nero and ebano Cabats are workhorse tote bags, ya know, but the metallics and colors are just gorgeous handbags. Does that make any sense???? I'll take one of each, thank you very much.

Lucy, have a look at the thread that jburgh linked. Blueiris posted pics of her mini and medium and the difference is not much at all. She also stated what I was trying to say, but failed miserably. lol

The Mini is a perfect everyday size.

Last edited:
So I guess my point with all those pictures, is a woman over 5 ft 7 inches could carry all those bags. I guess the deciding factor for me would be whether I was after something like a handbag (mini) or something more like a big tote (medium)

LT - I have a mini cabat and I am 5'9. I don't think it is too small at all, it is bigger than the sloane. I completey agree that it has more of a purse feel rather than a tote. Can she try one on?

So I guess my point with all those pictures, is a woman over 5 ft 7 inches could carry all those bags. I guess the deciding factor for me would be whether I was after something like a handbag (mini) or something more like a big tote (medium)

Well said!!! Handbag or tote!!! Great pics Lucy!!!

I'm not tall, but like I've always said, the "mini" is not in any way a miniature or small bag. It's just small in the sense of being the next size down from medium. Like lilndc noted, it's bigger than the Sloane.

Here are my thoughts on the small/mini versus medium, as found in the thread that jburgh linked:
http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-...v-size-comparisons-525804-2.html#post14514704

I think whether the SA's comment that the small would be "too small" would depend on how your friend intends to use the bag. I agree with sbelle that it comes to this: does she want a handbag, or a large tote?

The other issue might be color/material. I happen to love the big splash of orchid on the medium, but others would prefer to keep the splash smaller. And the Barcelona's weight makes it too heavy for me in the medium, but others can carry it with aplomb.

So it really comes down to how she feels about it, but I don't think her height alone would necessarily rule out the small/mini.

Great pics, sbelle! As is the link to the size comparison thread, jburgh. I've wondered about a mini myself and judging from these shots, it'd love make a great handbag.

Do any of you "tall" people have an action shot with your mini that you're willing to share?

LT - I have gone back and forth on the mini. In fact, I had Sbelle email me pics of her mini next to a Mulberry Bayswater for comparison. While, I think a mini would be fine (I am 5'8"), we are all so used to larger bags that it's hard to go back to a smaller one.

I'll put it this way, if I could have multiple Cabats, I would prefer nero or ebano in the medium, but a bright color like orchid or anemone, I would be pretty darn happy with a mini.

MTE. Ohh, why are you always so right?:P
I also agree with Lucy and blueiris that it depends on the use.

Thank you everyone!! I have sent GF a link to this thread.

BlueIris, you are always so detailed in your responses, extremely helpful!

Ethel, I agree 100% Med in Classic color & Mini in a seasonal. I didn't buy you a bag, yet, :bagslap: Stop sending me pictures!

lilndc, she has one on consignment as I write, trying to decide.

Will update you when she decides.
:ty: