Mini Bowling bag?

I live in Canada, so i purchased a red mini classic bowling bag from a store called Holt Renfrew. It was the only one in store. Holt Renfrew has a site but you can't buy things on it.

What are your thoughts on the balenciaga mini bowler? I worry that I paid too much for it. The city (I believe) looks more roomy. At the same time, it's almost double the bowling bag.

I live in Canada, so i purchased a red mini classic bowling bag from a store called Holt Renfrew. It was the only one in store. Holt Renfrew has a site but you can't buy things on it.

What are your thoughts on the balenciaga mini bowler? I worry that I paid too much for it. The city (I believe) looks more roomy. At the same time, it's almost double the bowling bag.

Wow, you found one at Holts? Which location? I'm pretty sure the mini bowling is a discontinued style unless it was reissued recently or we're talking about different bags. I got mine in 2007 from the edmonton Holts. It's a great shoulder bag; I use it more than my City.

This is the mini bowling that I'm referring to:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 465
Hmmm..... I have a feeling it has been discontinued since it was the only one in store. How much was your bowling bag? This is my second high-end luxury bag I've bought and the first of balenciaga. I own a black medium sized prada saffiano luxe tote, a rebecca minkoff mini mac in beige, a marc by marc jacobs side bag in hot pink and finally a coach light grey shoulder bag with floral cut outs. Anyways, I'm really torn as to whether I should return it or not. I've been trying to do research on whether I should exchange for a balenciaga city or celine or LV - all of which I don't own. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Here is the picture of my red bag. Let me know what you think!

Ah, yours is a different bag and I really like it! It has a longer shoulder strap whereas mine doesn't.

I don't remember what I paid back in 2007 but it was probably just under 1K? I think it was on sale too. So, it's a completely different bag...and year. :smile:

Anyway, your bag is really cute!

Oh I forgot to say that I got it in Toronto. Can you tell me why you don't use your city as much? I'm very tempted to exchange for that one. Like I said, I think the city looks so nice! But then it's double the price and everyone has one. Then again, if everyone has one, it must be good! I'm not sure if this bright red is too much for winter. Thoughts?

Oh I forgot to say that I got it in Toronto. Can you tell me why you don't use your city as much? I'm very tempted to exchange for that one. Like I said, I think the city looks so nice! But then it's double the price and everyone has one. Then again, if everyone has one, it must be good! I'm not sure if this bright red is too much for winter. Thoughts?

I saw the orange version in Holt's Yorkdale on sale for around $900. I almost picked it up but it's too small for me and I don't like how the straps aren't on the side of the bag and on the bottom of the handle area. But I like how the strap is long. And I prefer the leather of this one compared to the dry/crackly ones. The red is really nice and I'd wear it in any season. ;)

Which Holt's did you buy it from?

I like to carry my bags on my shoulder or cross body but the City has to be hand held or carried in the crook of the arm. It has a shoulder strap but it's awkward and slides off my shoulder.

As for the red, it's a beautiful pop of colour with black, grey outfits. It will cheer you up during the dreary winter months in TO. :biggrin:

So, it boils down to how you like to carry your bags. I know lots of people have the City cuz it's a classic balenciaga style, but will it work for you? ;) a Good luck!

Haha.... I think I might have picked up the one that you decided not to get! I got this red one from the Holts at Yorkdale. Thank you so much for all the replies btw! I know I bombarded this thread with my own questions! Being a new member and all though, I can't start my own thread. Anyways, ya, I will have to think about it! Only 10 more days until I can't exchange it anymore. There are so many bags I want! Celine Trapeze, Celine Luggage, Balenciaga City, LV Epi Speedy, LV damier neverfull, Givenchy Antigona, Chanel.... ahhh... the list goes on and on.....