Mini barlow

aerinha

Feb 26, 2012
I am considering a mini barlow, but am curious how mini they are. On my side zip florentine barlow the magnetic pockets are quite large and can hold my iphone 6 with room to spare. Would a mini have pockets big enough to hold my phone? Is the main compartment a decent size?

I am considering a mini barlow, but am curious how mini they are. On my side zip florentine barlow the magnetic pockets are quite large and can hold my iphone 6 with room to spare. Would a mini have pockets big enough to hold my phone? Is the main compartment a decent size?
I don't have a mini, but I have a small Barlow and it's small. I find the middle compartment to barely hold my stuff, things that fit easily into a zip zip satchel. I think the issue on the small Barlow is that the top is open except for the snap closure. As a result of the fluted design of the top of the bag, there is a lot of lost space at the top of the center compartment if you want it to close. I haven't seen the mini, but I don't think you can judge it without actually putting your things inside.

I have seen the minis at the outlet last week. I didn't look at them other than to say they are cute. I know they had ostrich ones too.
Call the outlets and see what the prices are. They are mini.

I don't have a mini, but I have a small Barlow and it's small. I find the middle compartment to barely hold my stuff, things that fit easily into a zip zip satchel. I think the issue on the small Barlow is that the top is open except for the snap closure. As a result of the fluted design of the top of the bag, there is a lot of lost space at the top of the center compartment if you want it to close. I haven't seen the mini, but I don't think you can judge it without actually putting your things inside.

Thanks

I don't remember the size of the pockets but I ordered a mini and a small about a month ago. For the mini....its just about the same size as the Ruby.....are you familiar with the Ruby? VERY small but works for some! I had to return it because it was just too small for me. It was GORGEOUS and sooooo very cute!! I like the shape of it better than the small which is more square but I ended up keeping the small barlow and am in love with it.

I don't remember the size of the pockets but I ordered a mini and a small about a month ago. For the mini....its just about the same size as the Ruby.....are you familiar with the Ruby? VERY small but works for some! I had to return it because it was just too small for me. It was GORGEOUS and sooooo very cute!! I like the shape of it better than the small which is more square but I ended up keeping the small barlow and am in love with it.
I am not familiar with the Ruby. I do have a mini zip zip.

I wound up ordering a mini Barlow from my outlet as even with shipping it was cheaper than ILD. Waiting for it to arrive.

Hi! I was just looking at my outlet pics and pics number 3and 5 have the mini Barlow on the left shelf.

Hi! I was just looking at my outlet pics and pics number 3and 5 have the mini Barlow on the left shelf.

Just took another look at them, first time I missed that the minis were in them. I might have liked the red, but think I will be happy with the heather I ordered. It always throws me when I call the outlet and they ask what color because I sort of expect them to say, "on the shelf we have...." And in some cases I am open on color like when I ordered the Daphne clutch.

I purchased the Ostrich Mini Barlow in Cognac, along with the matching Zip Around Phone Wristlet, at the D&B Factory Store in Reading, PA last Friday. The size of this bag is perfect for me, but given my preference for small bags, I may not be the best person to advise on size. (Apart from my Dooney totes, which are nylon, the largest bags in my collection are the Flo Small Satchels.) I originally purchased the Ostrich Barlow and exchanged it for the Mini due to weight. Here is what I’m able to fit comfortably into the Mini Barlow: a lightweight purse organizer into which I place the Zip Around Wristlet, reading and sun glasses, small hairbrush, mirror, lipstick and tissues. My iPhone5 fits into a pocket on the purse organizer. It also fits into one of the two outside pockets on the bag. With this much loaded I’m able to close all three magnetic snaps, but if you carry any more than this, it’s probably best to go with the next size up. Hope this helps!
IMG_2727.JPG

I purchased the Ostrich Mini Barlow in Cognac, along with the matching Zip Around Phone Wristlet, at the D&B Factory Store in Reading, PA last Friday. The size of this bag is perfect for me, but given my preference for small bags, I may not be the best person to advise on size. (Apart from my Dooney totes, which are nylon, the largest bags in my collection are the Flo Small Satchels.) I originally purchased the Ostrich Barlow and exchanged it for the Mini due to weight. Here is what I’m able to fit comfortably into the Mini Barlow: a lightweight purse organizer into which I place the Zip Around Wristlet, reading and sun glasses, small hairbrush, mirror, lipstick and tissues. My iPhone5 fits into a pocket on the purse organizer. It also fits into one of the two outside pockets on the bag. With this much loaded I’m able to close all three magnetic snaps, but if you carry any more than this, it’s probably best to go with the next size up. Hope this helps!
View attachment 3566147

This is a little beauty! Plus the matching wristlet. Love it!

View attachment 3566147
Enjoy your handbag and matching wallet. They make a stunning combination.

View attachment 3566147

What a nice combo! Now I want an ostrich one. And a city leather one in calypso. And...

I don't carry much: wallet, iphone 6, pocket pack of tissues and hand sanitizer in main section with small set of barrettes and small pill box usually kept in a liner pocket. Seems like the mini should work.